What's new

walmarts outdoor support

tokinjoe

Hey slowster, I dont know what the 21 gallon tupperware at wal-mart costs but I bought these 20 gallon totes at my local Dollar Store for 5 bucks 2 years ago. They have gone up to 7.00 apiece but my brother tells me Roses had them for 5.00. Not sure if you have a Roses but most places have some sort of dollar store. I wipe them with acetone them on the outside so the paint will stick and paint them with the cheapest outdoor paint I can buy. Green of course...

3469camo_container1-thumb.jpg

elevate- by the post above im not trying to be a butthead im just trying to say in one way shape or form, we all support some kind of evil cash hound (including are goverment). im all about wildlife preservation. im a veterinary assistant (aspiring veteranarian). im just saying that i dont want this post to turn into a hate driven post aimed at walmart. this is not a dispute on wether or not they are a monopoly which they are, i agree. but this is a thread on products that are sold by walmart. for less fortunate without there own hydro store they can aqcuire items from. and almost everyone has a wal mart in there town (hints the monoply shutting all the little guys down). But if i could just not start a heated dispute about a lame company, that would be great, this is here for help not hate. and i do not watch the crazed media driven fox network. not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to keep this a friendly thread, thank you.

Peace slow

Last edited:

Nept

I personally wouldn't use a machete, leaves a path if you know what to look for. I favor moving threw the brush not removing it. Maybe its not feasible for everyone, but around here it is.

hey guys got here a little late
get idea for a thread! i get everthing @ wal-mart it's close and cheap!
i even bought the boots i wear to my plots there!! and i can never walk down the tote and tuperware aisle without getting some crazy ideas:)
i also bought the fish emulsion and used it on my starts for outdoor does anyone think i'll have trouble w critters after their transplanted?

oh i forgot
roottone
space blankets
those backpacks with water bladders
shoplightsw/bulbs and cfls
they even have perlite already!
if they only sold hids my card would be maxxxed :noway: <my girl

Last edited:
tokin- yea the 21 gallon things were on rollback for 5.00 i beleive. I like your pot better though. these are rectangular in shape. yea no roses here bro. but im constantly looking.

smoke- watch using that credit card bud. if anyone ever says something theres evidence. but thanx for the comment i sorta like the post and your a prime example of who this post works for. since you buy alot of stuff there. thanx bro and stick around if you have any more drop a line. im sure there is going to be more to come in there garden section around summer. Did you gouys see those clone trays by jiffy CMEMORY. had to pick up a few.
P.S.- i bought my boots there too!

Peace,slow

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Wen I go for gardening supplies, I hit up the agro store first since they have the most interesting useful stuff, but then I usually go to wallyworld for the cheep junk also.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
slowster5507 said:
get out of here. then dont eat at mcdonalds. or wendys. you know that little red head white girls in the clan. please pirate. dont put your personalized hypacritical views on my thread. Do you ride a bike?( not knocking anyone who does)

Peace,Slow

Im no Hypocrite. I dont shop wal-mart nor any fast food business. I am a vegetarian. There are many stores that arent wal-mart where you can acquire these mundane items you have listed in your thread. I just disagree with your support and advertisment advocating that we run out to our local wal-mart to purchase grow equipment. I have nothin against you except the fact that you advocate a nefarious company. Good luck with you wal-mart grow! :wave:

slyfoxberg

to each their own. at much as it may pain a grower to shop at wally world, it is cheap and available for many people and honestly you can do an indoor or an outdoor grow from there for under $100.

NickMode

I was set on using blood and bone meal. But since i am growing outdoors, how much of trouble will i be in. I dont have bears but i do have racoons and deer. i am planning on putting chicken wire around my plants. But if i dont use those, then what should i use?

I don't know why someone would have to just keep bringing it up about walmart its cheap and close to everyone,with sometimes a good variety of products.Although i haven't gone there yet i'll have to check them out and thanks for bringing up about how raccons or similar varmints would be so attracted to the smell of fish emulison
I need to find a cheap organic soil badly,I plan on using 10 Gal. grow bags and the cost of soil adddds up if each bag has to fill 1 bag,so i need to find a cheap organic soil if anyone knows something of this that would be great! :jump:
And containers are similar to grow bags expect the bags are cheaper,I would plant into ground but i want to serparte females from males,

*Would I be able to keep them in 10gal grow bag from start to finish?Without yield being affected?I know many factors come into play for final yield but im just talking container size because your soupose to start of in plastic cup then 3 gal container and when shows signs of needing to be transplant then move to final container,but would plastic cup for 2 weeks than 10 gal.bag be good?

Last edited:

reddy1

ICMag Donor
new socks, pre paid cell phones, soil moist, pallet of worm castings ($3.50 for 10lb bag great deal)

thatguy

Why not use animal repellent? Never used it myself, but it sounds like in conjunction with chicken wire, you could still use organics and keep the animals away at the same time.

NickMode

thatguy said:
Why not use animal repellent? Never used it myself, but it sounds like in conjunction with chicken wire, you could still use organics and keep the animals away at the same time.
Well if you use bone and blood meal and have chicken wire about the size of a garbage can around it, i dont think that will stop a hungry raccoon trying to dig its way to that smell.

wanta- did you check outside of the walmart or ask? mine had a few pallets of the worm poo.

reddy- like th new soccks hahahah lol good one.

Latest posts

Latest posts