What's new

2wks into flower can i revert to 18/6?

2 weeks into flower, its not that big but getting bigg fast now that it has roots in the dwc and i am undecided if i should flip back to 18/6 of just continue flowering???? ill post some updated pics tomorrow of how it looks right now. but heres a pic of it about 5 days ago, theres a lot of new branching and leafs going on, looks good but dunno how much it will yield?

any info on flipping back to veg after seeing the sex?

also how much you all think i would get seriously if i kept flowering?

should i also top it now? or if i go back to veg....then? or shouldnt top at all?

and can i take clones right now in flower? and can i take a clone with just one leaf at the end of the stem?

THANKS!

Green Force

i say flower it for fun your ovbously new =) try it out see how it go's i dont see any point in takeing clones nothing really worth takeing :nono: Now you can take clones 2 weeks into flower Not very recomended but i did it and it worked ok but i had fairly large clones to take cuts from
see

Last edited:

TallP

I think that can recover and go back into vegging, personally speaking, and I'm not expert. I have 2 right now that I'm trying to to go back into vegging, and they had preflowers and all (So ya, I'm at the point where they showed preflowers and could have been sexed... if they were clones). After about a week, I just checked on them and they look like they're starting to grow again.

My friends, nor anyone do I know, have never been able to take a clone off a leaf.

full time daddy
Veteran
id flower it out and see how it go's if its something you really really want to keep you can reveg it . just leave a lil budlet on the bottem.

you can flip it back to 18/6 with no probs....

you can take a cut off it but i would not.

if you keep your water temp with in reason and your room in check you could yeild 7-30 grams would be my guess strain depinding

Green Force: thanks for the advice... i probably am gonna keep it in flower and do what 00420 said thanks! (did the clones work out good from flower?)

00420: Hey thanks for stopping in my friend....yeah i saved this plant from this

Anyways your saying to reveg i have to leave one little bud site at the bottom of my plant and when i take all the buds off just leave one little one on a bottom branch? and do i leave the whole branch with leaves??

1 more quick question...thanks for all the help its really giving me a good idea in making my decision, which is to keep flowering then reveg. but i wanna know does the buds start forming where they show sex at like every internode corner by main stem? do the buds start forming there?

Heres the plant as it is today!!

G

reverting to veg even after one week of 12/12 can have a bad effect on plants. I did this after one week with one large plant in soil and it's been...strange ever since. All new leaves are single bladed and the flowers are very strange looking. I would flower them and plan better next time. You might be surprised how much the stretch. Good luck

Thanks for the advice man! Im going to flower it out and then reveg it, you have any thoughts on revegging? also do u know how to reveg after you harvest? thanks
these pics are from this morning and already when i got home they are WAY bigger!

don't give up on getting a clone off that yet, i have an old pic somewhere of a cutting i rooted that was actually a tiny popcorn bud taken well over a month after 12/12.

bear in mind some strains clone easier than others, so it may or may not work.

.Swampskunk: whatsup man thanks for stoppin in... hey can i take it off the newly growing very bottom branch or is it not good because do they grow buts there too? i havent managed to figure out where the budsites are gonna be... i think its at every internode that has pistils but im not sure ...?

G

you can clone now it will take some effort to root but it's possible.

As for the revegging leave 4-10 popcorn buds at the very bottom after harvest and it will reveg with 18/6 light. It takes me a month after harvest and light switch to see some good revegging growth. The revegged shoots will be single bladed and look weird but it will be normal after a couple nodes.

I only reveg for clones but i grow in soil and it's just simpler for me.

bajasauce: does it have to be 4-10? or what? it cant just be 1? im looking to get the biggest yield off this plant so more i can take the better.... and once i leave the little popcorn buds at the bottom can i harvest them after it starts revegging? This is my first grow so any help would be appreciated.

hey super grower...to answer some of your reveging ?'s...

you have to leave some of the growth on the bottom of the plant. This will meen a few of your popcorn buds and some branchs and leaves. Reason being that the plant needs something left to sustain itself while coping with the shock of trying to get back into veg mode. the plant needs leaves to absorb light and keep photosynthisis going. Some of the leaves and other growth maybe die off but be PACIENT and tough it out. It takes like a 25-30 days for new growth to start and when it does it looks retarded, (single leaves and other weird shit as stated above) normal growth will start after retard stage. From you last pic posted above it looks like youll need to leave all that closest to the white tub. Let me say this...

Without a better pic of how much growth is actually on the lower part of that plant and what your going to be working with come harvest time i dont know what your chances are....Id say 75% b/c it looks like you have a ways to go b4 chop so that bottom portion will get more substancial (also depends on what type of light your using, i didnt notice what your using. hopefully your getting some light down there).

Another issue...based on your previous posts and what your trying to achieve...it sounds like your trying to have your cake and eat it too...You want to reveg but you also want ALL YOU CAN GET in terms of nug...you better come to terms with sacraficing a lil popcorn to keep this plant going or just chop the whole thing.

Last but certainly not least...youll have to chop you root ball back.
A. This frees up room in your growing container for the plant to grow veg roots again.
B. A rootball the size of a flowering rootball is not needed for a plant essencially the size of a big clone. youll prolly want to cut it 60 - 70% back when you reveg.
C. fert like its a small clone...very little.

D. Run some searchs on reveging...youll find some great info. hope this helped. good luck

Last edited:
Stalldaworld: hey thanks a lot for the info, it helped . im using a 400watt floralux. and that one plant is the only thing under it. its about 3 feet tall right now. do u simply just cut the end of the roots with scissors when its time? and i really am confused on popcorn buds at the bottom, u care to share any pics if u have any? THANKS MAN!

G

4 popcorn buds would yield around .2 grams if your lucky. I'm talking the little buds that are just 6 white hairs on a node. If you leave one it might work but if you leave a half dozen it will re veg faster and with more success. leave as many large fan leaves intact also to speed up the reveg process.

throw up some current pics of the lower parts of your plant and we can go from there...as far as cutting to rootball back im sure scissors would be fine...sterilize them first.