What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Check out this led..

MumBumper

i saw a thread on here somewhere when someone did a test with one of those vs a 400hps. long story short it won in veg but struggled a little bit with flower. of course the LED had a way higher grams to watt ratio but i think you could get the same effect using those flat panel leds for a lot cheaper

MedResearcher

Veteran
To me though, the real test would be 400 watts vs 400 watts. So 1 400 watt HPS vs 5 of those UFO Leds lamps.

If 80 watts vs 400 watts came close, 400 vs 400 the LED would blow the HPS out of the water.

All of this price excluded, its way too expensive atm, but thats how new technology works. Its like the plasma screen TVs. A 50 inch plasma use to be like 9,000 bucks when they were new technology, now you can get one at WalMart for about 1,000.

I think, well I hope in the next couple years the LED's will improve and become alot cheaper. Personally im excited, im not gonna go test one atm... ill wait for them to be proven and cheap first :rasta:

I personally think that it's cool to see LEDs making a run for it. I have been working with them in other lighting apps for years, and the rate that they are improving is remakable. I plan on building my own setup soon, and when I do I'll post all about it. I've said several times in reference to normal lighting that LEDs are really close to replacing at least tubes for offices and such, and the fact that 90 watts could even come close in a trial against a 400 watt speaks volumes. Plus, LEDs are still developing, where as HID development is pretty much slowing down.

Just my 2g worth.

Triv

Latest posts

Latest posts