What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

legalizing cultivation while leaving sale of it illegal

I really think if the powers that be really wanted to do some good they would just legalize the cultivation of personal amounts and keep the dealing of marijuana illegal as it is today. I think that would be a much more efficient setup since dealing usually does fund unsavory people and perfectly law abiding citizens who happen to grow their own medicine don't need to be penalized for growing a completely non-toxic plant that has no danger to humans as proven by the over 5000 years of use.

ab74jam

You're Right

You're Right

AGREED! But governments would rather spend a gadzillion dollars trying to stamp out personal freedoms. :bashhead: :bashhead:

Its a good general principal

Its a good general principal

This is my approach to things too. The government can ban the sale of unsafe products (not that I agree weed is unsafe, but for sake of argument ...). But hey, I am a klutz in the shop. What if I make a chair with wobbly legs (and any chair I make would have em)? Nothing illegal there. I can use it in my own home. If I sell it though, I am ripe for civil and FTC regulation. But what I do with my own stuff in my own home is my own business. I don't care if its weed, poppies, distilling liquor. As long as I am not selling it, its not in the government's domain. The US gov has gone overboard calling everything and anything interstate commerce. Long ago, everybody just knew to ban booze would take a constitutional amendment. But today, with big government, a supreme court that ignores the constitution they are sworn to uphold, pushing the interstate commerce clause way beyond its original intent, and a population of stupid sheep, well, we've got what we've got.

Of course I think pot should be legal and taxed, but if that can't happen, let us grow grow grow. Eliminate the criminal element, have some quality control. Of course, once legal and taxed, they wont want us to grow our own cause they would loose the taxes (OK, we could just get an annual license)! Do you know, its illegal in the US to grow your own tobacco? Literally, in the US, the feds could ban growing home vegetables in our own gardens, and we would have no constitutional protection. Cause if I grow tomotoes, its impacting interstate commerce, hence the US gov COULD ban it! Not that they would, but our rights are non-existent.

And I am mostly ranting because I've been drinking, and I am only drinking because I am out of weed and I am out of weed cause its illegal and my wife wont let me grow it!!!!!!

Glad to hear I am not the only one. Lets keep growing regardless boys and girls and safe growing to all for sure. Tomatos or otherwise. ;)

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
its nice in theory but as long as these govn't fucks do underhanded shyt, they are always gonna need scapegoats to balme or , better yet, to divert attention from themsleves once they engage in thier underhanded dealings.

i think we as growers will have our day, and keeping cultivation legal, and the sales illegal is teh perfect world where everyone is free, and you know all too well that the powers that be aint tryin to have us all TOO free.

im all for legalization of cultivation and making sales criminal

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
That would be great to go to buy some weed in a coffee shop when you ran out of weed too...
and that doesn't solve problems of bad quality product, black market which will still go on, even better cause people won't be afraid of growing...