What's new

I suck, mold.. now what

Ok my plants are from SR71

I have 2 purple kush and 4 bubble gum and 2 unkown plants (prob purple or odesy)

The bubble gum all have mold, I have done everything for them including a bad ass spray I use, that has never failed me.. but its failing me..

SO here is my thoughts..

Im 2 weeks into flower, all my plants are sexy big DWC plants.. they all look great, even the bubble gum with its powerdery midlew, still looks great..

Im thinking of killing the bubble gum instead of fighting mildew my entire grow, and just starting 9 new purple kushs (which I know are mold resistent) and just not mess around with plants I don't know will do good in my grow

OR Should I grow them out.. they are massive

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Is it mold or powdery mildew? 2 different things...

PM is from low temps and high humidity. Mold is warm temps and high humidity. Don't mess around with mold. It can hurt you. I just chucked almost 2 oz of molded bud from the jar. :badday:

How bout some pix so we can confirm your diagnosis?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
You won't have to fight the mildew the entire grow if you get rid of the source of the problem..... misting plants before dark period, high humidity levels are a big cause.... do not kill the plant, first try to get rid of the problem....

what are your RH like? If you can get a dehumidifier going and spray your plants down with neem, or use milk water..... sm90....... there is a wide variety of products, but since you are in flowering you are more limited to what you can use......

G

I was just going to mention sm-90...I use it whenever something fishy comes up and this stuff straightens it right out..fungus, molds and infestations of all kinds....its also good for your plants..a little bonus...good luck..
take care
inkognyto

Kr@kEn

If you have regular problems with mildew, you should keep well stocked with baking soda. Sprinkle several boxes of baking soda on the floor of your grow area (unless the baking soda will come in contact with the roots). Sweep it up and resprinkle new boxes of it after each grow. This will help for sure whether you grow in a small cab or in a barn. As far as fighting what's already on the plant, do something to keep the humidity down below 50% for the rest of the grow and you'll be fine (dehumidifier).
Misting the plants while their in veg with a milk and water solution a couple of times inoculates the plants against the mildew as well.

Last edited: