What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Share about your trip to Amsterdam

Geno420

I am going to Amsterdam soon and I want to hear about your adventures\experiences please include the hotel you stayed at or where you stayed, and the places\coffeeshops you visited. Also if you want please include how much you spent on your trip (flight costs, hotel , bud prices, ect) - how much you smoked, your favorite bud in the 'dam, stuff like that... thanks

B

Boxy Brown

all I can remember is that I stayed in the pizzeria/hotel Doria (its in dam square and has some rooms with a good view of the war monument), smoked about 300$ in bud (favorite was the Neville's haze), and did LOTS of walking around while stoned.

also my roundtrip flight was something like 568$ + 165$ per night for the hotel.less

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Haven't been there yet but will some day soon. I've looked a lot for hotels and apartments by Google search. You can get your own one bedroom apartment if you like for less than a quality hotel. These rentals usually are on a weekly basis but extra days can be bought at the same weekly rate, fairly divided per diem. I've found some of these cribs to have nice retro 60s looks to them which imo would just add to the experience. Housekeeping is often included or can be added for a nominal fee as the owners assume you'd rather have someone else do the cleaning when your stay is over. Day 2 day cleaning is the renters responsibility and so if you're not too tidy a hotel is more likely suited to your needs.

As far as the rest of your stay I'd go with the flow and follow your own nose to good times. If spending a full week there you should tour the museums, art galleries and some countryside including the dykes. After all your folks aren't going to want to hear about the weed and hookers, you'll feel and be more worldly for it. Get stoked in the coffee shops & time it so that you're able to hop onto a canal cruise ship all blazed up in advance, eat a coffee shop brownie just as you board ship to heighten the experience farther.......

imo don't miss out on doing a few touristy things so when you mention the trip in mixed company you don't sound like another stoner returning from nirvana....... hell even the museums while stoned has got to be somewhat trippy in itself.

best wishes & write us all a 'wish you were here' thread if you can log on whilst in the Dam. otherwise we'll be looking for a 'How I Spent My Summer Vacation' report when you get back.......

Last edited:

waydee

I go every year, im there for new years this time :)

I just stay in whatever hostels cheapest/I can find a room at, commonly go to Utopia or Durty Nellys though... its a bit of a barracks at Nellys but I rate the pub plus im always so messed up I don't really care as long as i've got a bed :p

Coffeeshops? theres too many good coffeeshops, Pink Floyd is a favourite that stands out though. I don't smoke a huge amount in dam anymore, the novelty wears off and I prefer the booze for meeting people :) still, its great for treating the hangover or relaxing during the day.

G

check my sig for a detailed guide of my MANY fumblings in that great city, planning a trip there as soon as i can!

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
i have been to the dam about 13 times, and have stayed in all level of accomodation from a one star room with shared bathroom and shower, to a 5 star grand hotel but my favorite hotel in Amsterdam would prolly be the hotel Brouwer at singel 83, 50 euro a night for en suite single room (with shower and bath) the downer is smoking of ANYTHING is not allowed, however being located in the singelbeid RLD there are plenty of shops close by or you can just walk around looking at the ladies while ya smoke,perhaps even have a romp with one.

now bare in mind i havent been back to the dam in over 2 years, but i can say my fav coffeeshops are in no particular order: de dampkring (also 2e kamer), grey area, siberie, paradox (great food), rusland, club media, the bluebird, nes cafe (no longer selling weed), hunters, the noon, amnesia, and homegrown fantasy. also a big shout out to willie wortels in haarlem and de brug in alkmaar. my favorite weeds over the years have been haze x nl5, amnesia haze, stella blue, buddhas sister, la confidential, grey berry, double bubble gum, sour diesel, nevilles haze, super silver haze, white melon, bubbleberry, sage x sour. as far as hash waarm oertjes (warm ears) king hassan, anything from rifman, black parvati, nepalese temple ball, and the moonshine.

i have flown round trip from chicago as cheap as $279.00 round trip (unfortunatley singapore airways no longer flies chicago to ams) to as high as $678.00 in peak summer season. i have spent 3 new years eves (total insanity) there, 2 cannabis cups, one royal wedding, and one sail fest in amsterdam and i must say, the amsterdammers know how to party.

i have eaten from bargain all you can eat dim sum for 7 euro to mind blowingly spicey curries at koh i noor for indian and thai curry at the koening van siam, to the full culinary experience of rijstafel at indrapura, all the way up to the grand majesty of a full course menu at la rive. one of my fav meals in spare ribs at cafe de klos on kerkstraat, or the duck at the thai snack bar bird on zeedijk.

another of my favorite pasttimes in amsterdam is hoerenloeping, walking the redlight districts to see if a nice lady strikes my fancy, and if so having a go with her. getting around the town is a breeze, its pretty much all with in walking distance, and if not, the trams are a fun way to get around. as well as getting totally stoned and going to the various museums, sad to see i wont be able to eat a dose of copelandia (potent shrooms) and go wander through the madness of van goghs expression anymore. aah how i miss the dam, i hope you have a good time and if ya have any questions feel free to ask.

peace -fb

Last edited:

Joe Hawkins

If you stay in a hostel make sure you take some of those squeezy industrial ear plugs, they are worth their weight in gold , especially if you stay at the Amstel, its a converted Convent and the halls echo badly! but it does/did have a nightclub in the Church that is pretty rockin sometimes, and alot of tourist girl action, gotta love those brazilian backpackers!