What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUEBERRY

HI,

JUST WONDERING PEOPLES THOUGHTS ON GROWING BLUEBERRY, I'M TRYING TO DECIDE MY NEXT GROW AND IM TOYING WITH BLUEBERRY BUT ALSO LIKE THE SOUND OF HAWAIIAN SNOW OR BLUE CHEESE.

IF ANYONES GROWN ANY OF THESE, I'D JUST LIKE TO KNOW A BIT MORE ABOUT THEM.

DO YOU RECKON BLUEBERRY'S A GOOD CHOICE??

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Blueberry is one of my top 5 smokes, but less rewarding to grow. Low yields (average phenos), finicky to grow, growth mutations, highly nutrient sensitive, low pest resistance, etc.

Is it worth it? IMO YES!

But I see so many disappointed blueberry growers rant about these things that I figure it's not for everyone.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been tussling with this strain since i've started growing, which was about 4 years ago. Had no issues with others, but when it came to Blueberry seems I lost my ability to grow. "Finicky" is an understatement! As has been stated, though, it's well worth the effort. That's why I haven't given up growing it. I have one midway through flower now, and 4 in veg. I'm stubborn as hell when it comes to Blueberry, so what I'm gonna do is get collect me some BB pollen - if they make it that far -and dust a female. That way I'll have enough F2's to play with. I'm running DJShorts gear, btw.

Good luck with your grow, lg. :headbange

Last edited:

pikes peak 69

Don't know which BB I have, got a cut from a patient about 3 years ago, but everything said in this post about BB is true. But I still grow it as it is potent and my wifes all time favorite meds.
Smells fruity, tastes berry.
It is nute sensitive, and grows weird looking leaves. We had some leaves grow asingle finger out of the center of the leaf, straight up.
IMO everyone should give it a try.

pp69

i must admit i am a novice grower, im really looking for something fairly easy to grow with a decent yeild. something that dosent need my undived attention.

litebuzz

thanks for the heads up...i just dropped 2 dp blueberrys in soil today. i hope i don't kill them...i'll try to be careful.
so far i'm a little miffed because i put 12 fem seeds in those peat pots monday under a humidity dome like usual and i've only had 1 strawberry cough poke thru. usually it only takes but a few days because i soak them in water til they crack....hmmmmm

Murphy

I'm a novice as well. I was looking into Blueberry but with what you guys are saying, I'm dropping it from my line up. This will be my second grow, there was nothing more frustrating than being new to it and not knowing when you have a problem until someone else tells you. This time around, I've learned to stick with the basics and get through that, then look into the more advanced plants. I tried to grow 4 types and had some shooting up, other lagging way behind, some getting in to Neut problems. It was endless. Get something that is known to be easy and forgiving of the mistakes that you will make. Hold your Fire has it right get something like AK47. If you run into a problem, post it on the board, just about anyone here with experience has grown it and can tell you what's going on from a picture. The first grow is exciting and I got wrapped up in trying to achieve what I saw people on here doing that had a ton of experience, it didn't work out well. I'd rather end up with an oz or 2 of AK47 then a quarter of Blueberry along with a ton of frustrations, know what I mean. For me, maybe next time Blueberry.

Here's a shot from the grow.

cheers for your suggestions guys, i'll look into AK47, i smoked some blue cheese the other day, its was beautifull, have to check that out aswell.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hold Your Fire said:
Go pick up a pack of Serious Seeds AK-47.

:yeahthats

Definitely an easy strain to grow, and she'll do just what HYF said. Speaking from experience. AK47 had also been used in a lot of breeding projects. Can't go wrong with this strain. The yield is above average as well. :headbange

Last edited:

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
aahhh Blueberry...

aahhh Blueberry...

Rosy Cheeks said:
Blueberry is one of my top 5 smokes, but less rewarding to grow. Low yields (average phenos), finicky to grow, growth mutations, highly nutrient sensitive, low pest resistance, etc.

Is it worth it? IMO YES!

But I see so many disappointed blueberry growers rant about these things that I figure it's not for everyone.
I agree,most BB phenos are like that.But there are some good hardy phenos aswell,they're jus hard ta find,and if ya find one, ya DAMN well better hold on ta her! lol It took me 3 packs ta find her.Not sayin I didn't find somethin I liked in the first pack tho, but jus as Mr Cheeks has said,finicky,mutations,sensitive ta every thing it semed like.The one I have now is a dream ta grow,very hardy,tuff as nails,and yeilds very well....If yer lookin fer a good starter strain I highly recomend Shiva Skunk from Sensi Seeds.It's fool proof.Very nice phenos ta be found in it.There's one that tastes like sour grape that's jus killer,taste and potentcy wise it's hard ta beat.It's a very forgiving strain that yeilds very well ta boot.Good luck whatever ya choose! Take care...BC Btw good ta see Cheeks!

Soft Smoke

Joey Weed Seeds has got a NL x BB strain that might do the trick for you. The BB is still supposed to shine thru in taste , smell, and high; while it picks up NL's hardiness and pest resstance. Both can be good yielders if happy, especially NL. You just have to cut back on the nutes a bit. Most of the probs I had with my BB's last year was due to over feeding. I only grew two out so I can't speak for the pheno differences and mine did't have anything overly mutanty(?) about them. Also my BB's went for 10 weeks not the 8 or nine advertised.

SS

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
If you're worried about Blueberry, it might be worth trying DJ's Grape Krush instead. I'm just about to put three F2s into flower from seed ten weeks go, and they're like little trees.

These were selected and bred by another member, so I expect they'll be good phenos, but the yield on GK is meant to be much more hefty than Blueberry, and as it's an F5 selection from the Blueberry line, should be close to what you're after anyway in terms of effect. I'll have pics soon, as I'm trying to borrow another camera, but this is them a week ago - like very chunky BBs:

yts farmer

Veteran
if you aint got time blue cheese aint for youand from what ive seen i wouldnt.

if you wanna go the blueberry route i would recomend sags bubbleberry,a cross between bb and bubblegum and its excellent smoke and pretty easy to grow.

ok i'll bear that in mind, just wanna ask how much longer growing from seed takes rather the from cuttings, mite pop down to 21st century and check out their feminised section

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
herbie5000 said:
big buddha blue cheese sucks dont waste ur money.

i grew 2 out and they were less than poor, didnt finish them
ive seen other bc plants and they also were poor/hermies

....but the last time i tried a bud from a friend ,omg what a taste, it was pukka

its all about the plant u start with
any pack of seeds will prove that
:joint:

yts farmer

Veteran
^^to true.

i think it will take a few packs to find a decent pheno though,as 1 grow i saw that had all plants not even finishing after 11 weeks flowering.