What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ideas on 12/12 from seed SOG grow/breeding cab

So i was just thinking with a little inspiration from Dr.budgreengenes grow and making a dual chanber grow cab where you would have a perpetual sog from seed. At my hydro shop they have 4inch square pots that would be perfect for this. Bassically you could set up a ton of these in your space because they are very efficient. With two separate chambers you can continuosly place new seeds in your flower room as you take out males. With males that look good and perform well in the 12/12 environment you could put them in your separate chamber. You now have room for another potential female in your room and a potential breeder to contribute to the adaptation of this method. I really think it would be great to start adapting strains to this and eventually get better yields in small spaces. What is everybodies take on this? Crazy talk or a good investment/project?

peace

G

a good investment/ project.....IF.....you are able to properly devote the space and breed accordingly.

i think if you made a list of what is desirable/preferential of a 12/12 from seed strain, give yourself a staring point and an end point of what traits you want to come out in the phenotypes you create, then yes, go for it, i would even contribute if i could

G

some things i can think of right away are:

flower time?
yield per plant?
size/stature?
required LST?
time to show sex?

Yeah i think with the proper steps this could work out great. Ive seen some strains that would be awsome for this. I have a lot of random seed which is good and bad. I want to start trying this in my current space but not to full scale or breeding. I think im gonna scrap the grow bed i have now. With the pots im thinking of using i could probably fit 9 or more in my space. Im tired of some plants growing big and some small.. This way i would have so many that i could keep my desired and throw new plants in to replace ones that i have to remove. I think that having a lot of small plants is much better than 1 or 2 big ones because if something goes wrong or potency sucks i have many others to look forward to. Also i have found that flushing and feeding gets difficult when your trying to flush one plant and feed others in a small grow bed. Granted i wont get the same size of plants but i think this will open a lot of opertunities to me and others. Also when this box is made and implimented the seeds that i gather from this can be spread to others who dont know the wonders of micro growing and make it easier for us all.

peace

G

if it blossomed into something larger like a seed line or particular line up of 12/12 from seed plants it could be something great for the cannabis community.

edit: i also think this a great idea that you should move forward on floppy, in all seriousness do it.

Last edited:

Poodo

This make sense to me because at the equator the days and nights are even.It kind of cuts the work in half.These kinds of ideas get the creative juices flowing thanx..mon

schweeeet i think i shall leave all my timers at 12/12 for the next many years to come cause ive been bitten by the weed growin bug. Im curious how these will behave over time. I mean sativas grow very large on this time schedual...but there are other contributing factors to size. I hope eventually to get a stabilized short growing strain without lowering potency with ruderalis or other auto genetics

peace

Last edited:

mtnxbiker

I think it's a great idea! I just started a 12/12 from seed grow myself. Was thinking about possibly going the SOG route, but will have to see how the plants do under 12/12 first. I like the idea of 12/12 and if it works well, it would be nice to have another chamber where you could put a male plant to make seeds with.

As far as strains to start building with. I have a friend who is also very interested in this and were planning on some seed purchases. As far as strains of intereset im looking for exotic strains. Along with this i want some strains to encourage fast short stature growth. Some strains im interested in using so far ar:

Puna Budder
Black Domina
Burmese Kush
I want some nepali genetics. I was thinking sadhu i know there are others out there. I need to look at some of reefermans gear.
strawberry cough
flo
Afghani genetics
Mighty mite

Some of these may gro big and others much smaller finding the right relationship will be the goal. Anyone have any suggestions of their own?

peace

G

Are you wanting a more indica based end strain, balanced or sativa??

to add to what you have though i would maybe say Super Silver Haze, seems to be very popular and would create some phenotypical diversity among some of your shorter stature strains.