What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

is buyin equipment online safe?

melovedro

if i buy the hps lighting and other equipment online is it safe? is there a possibility of getting caught that way? what about if i was to buy seeds online..?

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
Unless you have a trusted hydro shop nearby you have to buy online. Avoid Ebay and stick with reputable vendors that you see on IC. Be prepared for messed up orders tho!

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have bought mail order/online for 20 yrs, no problems. Just use a reputable Co., you'll be fine. Seeds, the same thing. This is those vendors livelyhood, they better get it right!

D

d4.

It's perfectly safe, aside from what some other growers may say. Usually if you run through a trusted company or persons to buy it online for you it's ok. If you don't give anyone reason to follow your credit / debit card activities, they won't.