What's new

Humidity in flower!!

Okie grown

Veteran
Now i know high rh in mid to late flower is a nono_Our plants are starting to get pretty thick and tight buds on em .The rh stays between 45 and 60 %.Usualy around 55%.But i noticed today it was 78% when the lights came on.I dont have the $150 for a dehumi. .I keep a fan running 24/7.Is there anything i can do? i have never had and mold on my buds but i have never had this high of rh ither.Think its ok that it only gets hi ounce in a while?Heres a few pics of our plants .

badmf

Hey Okie! What I have done is double check my water source leaks, such as rez tops if in soil cover the tops of pots, same in aero I cover the net pots with Saran wrap. Any water cover or remove it. Damp-rid is a product to control damp basements can help some too. FYI, I had to get a dehumidifier finally, Sears has good ones for around 200 average price. I like very low RH in bloom to add resin production and stop ideal mold conditions.

G

Hi Okie... the rh in my growroom is usually 40-50% w/ lights on, and 70-80% in dark cycle. Have had no problems (knock on wood). With the fan going 24/7, I think you should be ok, as long as rh gets back down in the light. A small space heater in the room can lower rh. Also, if you're growing in soil, bottom water. This helps keep mold down too. Nice looking plants btw... good luck w/ the grow! MG

G

I know that mold can be a problem indoors, but not nearly as much as outdoors. Part of the reason for mold problems outdoors, is that often times dew forms on the plants at night. With high humidity and cloudy skies, the dew may not evaporate completely from one night to the next... especially in the larger buds. This is the cause of most mold problems.

Indoors, don't mist plants during flower, have adequate space between plants, good air circulation, prune leaves and small branches within 3" of the soil, and bottom watering are techniques that should help minimize indoor mold problems. I stated before that you can dry things out w/ a small space heater, but make sure it won't get the growroom too warm.

I don't know if mold is more of a problem in large indoor grow operations or hydro... don't have any experience w/ either. MG

G

hello. im not sure if this thread is old or not lol bt im guna ask bout this bottom watering stuff... I've been thinking of bottom watering for awhile (as my humidity gets up to the 80's soe times, i was wondering if u can do it by putting a dish under the pot and then watering into that so the pot is sitting in the water and hopefully sucks it up... will this work or will it jst raise humidity/cause mold problems???
cheers

Mackawber

Last year I used a turkey baster to remove water in the bottom of the pan that the plant container sat it. I ran the fans during lights out.

I found cheap small dehumidifers that are for use in small rooms. They run about 50 to 75 bucks and use only about 60 watts of electricity. They don't use compressors but something called a peltier method. For a small grow room, it may be ideal....just run it during lights off when humidity tends to be higher.

kbc2007

I'm going to bump this one and add my own question.

My humidity is around 35% with the lights and extraction fan on.
At night the humidity is 60%.

How bad is this scenario for me?
Thanks.

Last edited:
G

Whether you can afford it or not the answer is still a dehumidifier. Mine is on 24/7 when buds begin developing. RH in there at this time is 41% with excellent bud/resin/trich production. The unit is adjustable (humidistat) and is capable of a wide range of performance. Sticky and sweet they are, love that dehumidifier.

TyStik

kbc2007

Darn.
I just checked my thermometer and the humidity got up to 88% last night!
I guess when the buds start to really develop I'll have to run the fan 24/7 to keep it down.
I can't fit a dehumidifier in the closet but I have one going in the next room.

Latest posts

Latest posts