What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Real California Cheese

2ezy

Spot on BH.

Cheese is just a name given to a superior Skunk #1 pheno. So in my opinion it is still really Skunk #1.

D

Dalaihempy

British_Hempire said:
I suppose it depends if you've grown Skunk #1 before. Cheese looks like Skunk, I would think someone who was familiar with growing Skunk would spot the resemblance.

Several growers who have experience of growing Skunk #1 in the late 80s tell me that it was not uncommon to find oustanding individuals and that phenos of equally alluring qualities as Cheese were likely to be found in most packs. I'm not saying Cheese-like phenos were common, just that the older Skunk was less inbred and outstanding individuals were quite common.[/QUOTEB

BH yes it just adds to confuce people like many so called elite cuts catpiss being just one more wich is a ssh phino.

G

WOW! that things a straight up fuckin' tree!Nice work man.

I 'm growing a SSH/cheese hybrid right now, can't quit smellin' this stuff,it is such a unique smell.

D

Dalaihempy

I still remember the pic of the uk guys out door shot of the sk1 clones called cheese posted at cw was realy a nice site.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
British_Hempire said:
That Cheese tree in the huge pot is gonna be a huge tree, great work. It doesn't look like Cheese to me though, way more sativa, and the first pic also doesn't look like Cheese, are you sure you have the original Uk cut? It looks very different, like it's been crossed to a sativa.

I'm quite surprised sometimes at how sativa Skunk#1 can look. :yoinks:

This is my Skunk#1 out of Sam's freebies, fingers as slim as some Hazes, just not as long :chin:

4951Skunk_beast_havin_a_drink.jpg

G

looks mighty fine nspecta................no doubt you do her right..............

NOFpuXnk

Good Day Nspecta,
Thats some Hefty Havarti you have myaw..
i think i saw some of ur old shots on another thred.
either way when i get the chance
ima have too
toss you some Karma
Keep on Growing
Your Fan,
pux

G

Dalaihempy said:
I still remember the pic of the uk guys out door shot of the sk1 clones called cheese posted at cw was realy a nice site.

maybe it's this one

22642cropped_28g_997.jpg

G

wow. Silvery....!

Mine are grey green. Those nugs almost look like Powdery Mildew have had their way with them...!

Several phenos going now. Big Buddah Cheese, along with my treasured clone gifted to me 2 years ago.

one pheno has HUGE buds, on it's 77th day..! ridiculous. Black-Peppery smell.... Long pistils.

Breeder suggested it may be Superskunk X Cheese, from the extra seeds sent as well as the originals.

D

Dalaihempy

paranoidandroid said:
maybe it's this one

22642cropped_28g_997.jpg
Yes thats the plant there was a photo of the hole plant out doors to i belive basicly the pic was taken further away showing her complet lets not kid ow selfs thats one sexy sk1 phino almost looks like wild mounten tea i have seen and even non smokers would love to have a prity plant like that even for looks in the garden im sure.

Hey all been reading over the post! just wondering why everyone is hanging from the cheeze's nuts!I've had the smoke and maybe it wasn't the best pheno but offered no qualitys 2 yield, it truly was sad! Some good looking smoke with out a doubt but ionno maybe my tolerance is thru the roof, i can say this much tho I enjoy her skunky smoke but she offers me no medicinal qualitys..Maybe i was smokin on a imposter?ps
muchlove=karma

G

Yes thats the plant there was a photo of the hole plant out doors to i belive basicly the pic was taken further away showing her complet

I lost those pics Hempy, they went down with the good ship CW.

Peace, hhf

bergerbuddy

Canna Coco grower
Veteran
Cedarberry said:
what plants are you all talkin about/ i know about the UK cheese, but your comparin phenos? are these Big Budda cheese plants/ i heard those beans were bunk. i gifted mine away.

or some sensi skunk phenos of today? and what is the cali cheese?

CBF

No No no no bro.... B BC Cheese seeds are NOT bunk..... I have grow out three females now ALL JUST LOVELY. resinous funky dank cheese smellin.. and I'm smokin on one as I type this.... nice DANK version of SK#1..

These seeds have been WAY BETTER than many many many varietys I have grown from seed for sure....

I HAVE NOT grown the UK Cheese so I offer no comparison there... but I will vouch for the BBC Cheese seeds that come in the little plastic tube... Them are AWSOME for seeds!!

Peace
BB

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
i'm growing the UK Exodus clone only Cheese and lots of friends have been doing the BBCheese from seeds, then trying out some of the diff phenos, so i've been smoking alot of both recently-and the bud is completely different. So much so that when i first gave them the UK cheese to try they were speculating that it wasn't 'Cheese' because it was so unlike the BBC they had been growing.
There are slightly different tastes /smells/ hit from the diff BBC phenos but it can all be described as a heavy Afghan/kush with a light fruity smell on top and a v strong metalic earthy smell. The hit is pure kush. I was prejudiced against it for a while because it wasn't like the Cheese but, in truth, if it is done by a decent grower it can be outstanding.
The UK clone only cut smells strongly of dry dusty Parmisan cheese-nothing else-there are no pheno's-it's a cutting. The stuff circulating about the UK underground scene all seems to be all the same. It is such a strong and unique smell that weed fiends exclaim or tend to get excited the first time that they come across it. I find the hit strong and immobilising-even my eyes stop moving-but can keep thinking coherantly and it doesn't send you to sleep.
The only relation between the two strains that i can see, so far, is that neither are heavy yielders and both attract spidermites-

interesting to hear how some of these other crosses turn out
cheers
eddie

G

My 3 year old cheese cut (gifted, and from Big Buddah Cheese seed) tastes so cheesy it is unmistakable as such. My cronies love it, and the buzz DOES have a no-ceiling aspect as advertised. My tolerance is pretty shot, and still........

The seed moms I have developed have babies in flower now, some almost finished. Without doubt they are at least as good as the original clone, which has been setting MDO on fire for 2 years now;.

In my garden are super clone-onlys (only 4 kept out of at least 25, through the times) - I is picky, but I lovez da Cheese. One of the new phenos is a yielder...! Yoo hoo..! It may be the Fruity Cheese pheno, but smells like the original cheesy one.

Was the Cheese at the Homegrown Fantasy Coffeeshop, 2 cups ago the UK cheese...? It was just OK. But, I loved it anyways.

Someday, I will try the original clone, but until then, I am blissed.

elkslayer

British_Hempire said:
I suppose it depends if you've grown Skunk #1 before. Cheese looks like Skunk, I would think someone who was familiar with growing Skunk would spot the resemblance.

Several growers who have experience of growing Skunk #1 in the late 80s tell me that it was not uncommon to find oustanding individuals and that phenos of equally alluring qualities as Cheese were likely to be found in most packs. I'm not saying Cheese-like phenos were common, just that the older Skunk was less inbred and outstanding individuals were quite common.

You are very correct BH. I went through more SK1 seeds from the 80's and very early 90's, and never had this pheno. Unfortunately, I did get (a few times) the wider leafed Afghan RKS pheno, and as a newbie lost them over time. The RKS did sweeten up a tad when grown outside in the MidWest. It is pretty obvious around that time or earlier, the smell was too much for indoors, and the yields were lower on the RKS pheno, that the inbreeding, by many, favored the sweeter sativa side.

Anyway, what IGT means by real California cheese, is the UK cheese clone grown outdoors, organically in NorCal sun. For those whom remember my Organic outdoor thread where I and many friends did most elites outside in Norcal, time and time again cheese was #1. In fact I could count the ton of folk whom preferred a different "elite" on just two fingers. Popularity-wise I will wager Cheese will gain more status than outdoor Urkle has for the past several years. So I guess I am a "They". :headbange

Incidentally, a hydro-chem version of indoor cheese won a local event out here a few months back.

Ganj on Cheeseheads!

ES

Last edited: