What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking pot and American Morality

I2KanGrow

Hi:

I know that this report is over a year old, but, you know the saying - if you've never seen it - it's news to you, right?

Anyways, I came upon THIS report by the Pew Research Center - give it a read, I think you'll find it interesting! For those not wanting to read the article, check out this survey:

...Seems that there's a moral acceptance of pot smoking, even amongst half of the "average Joes" in US society! Tie-this-in with the recent Lancet report on the relative dangers of Pot (you've seen that one), and it doesn't take an Einstein to see the trend.

Now, if only our leaders would start to get the big picture!

tngreen

Veteran
cool! and i would bet that most people that voted it morally wrong did so because it is illegal and God says to obey the laws of the land.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
WTF? 35% believe that unmarried sex between adults is morally wrong. I dont think i could share a country with those people..no way..that is some sick shit!! :eek:

Interesting - "smoking marijuana" is the only illegal activity asked about. All others are legal.

Wonder what the result would have been from the same group had they also asked if they believed the activity should be illegal.

Preacher

What I'd like to see is a poll of what branch of ethics the respondants belong to, then laugh as 95% of them answer "unknown" just to expose how ignorant people are of the source of their own beliefs.

J0sh1

Veteran
Wow, after seing that poll im thinking the US Goverment must be damn happy people think its "Morally Wrong" about not paying taxes. Here where I live if about 25% of the people pay taxes and everytime less and less. Fuck them, paying taxes is legalized robbing. I am ain't bending over for no fucking goverment. And I personally find its "Morally Wrong" to pay taxes so screw them.

Last edited:

marx2k

Veteran
How do you expect public services to function without taxes?

I find it interesting that 50% find smoking marijuana to be morally wrong yet...
Abortion is 2% higher, gambling is 14 points LESS and overeating is 18 points less.

Wacky Tobacky

well if you combine smoking MJ and the last one Over Eating.... lol which happens to me alot when i smoke MJ so that makes it 82%.... LOL :joint: