What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you get the sticky icky cure

1stimer

How do you cure your weed so it has that sticky icky, sticks to both sides of the bag, stick to it. I know genetics plays a role but how do get weed to dry like that? I mean back in the late 80s early 90s you got bud like that and it was a good smoke. I just do not see shit like that anymore. All the Kushes and shit are dank but what happened to the stickyness??? :confused:

swx2

Sit on your bag and it'll stick to both sides. :confused: That's the only time I've seen buds stick to the bag really, but I started smoking in the middle of the 90s.

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
i'm not sure? but in my case...... when i grew the c99 and the grapefruit it stayed sticky even after like 2 mo's till i smoked it all....... i think the main factor would be the main drying pereod.... i hung my nugs up sill on the branches manicured for like 6 days or so till they were dry but not like really dry dry that it crumbles.... it still has a lil bit of flex to it(the bud) but its dry that feels crunchy.......there is still some moisture left inside the bud..... at this point i choped the nugs off the branches and jarred them up in 1 qt mason jars..... then for the next couple of days i kept a close eye on them...... opening the jars for like a 1/2 an hour a day or maybe more at first once the moisture started getting out and into the extremedies of the buds..... i touched them a bit and when they felt soft i took the lid off for about 30-40 mins at a time.... keeping a close eye on the bud and checking regularly........ took about 1 week to get all the moisture out to a good level...... that the buds were dry but not too dry....... then just cured normally....

outcome.....

then i remember getting frustrated some times when i would break up the gf buds to rolla oint..... my fingers were so sticky that the bud i was breaking up kept sticking on my fingers and kept trying to get it off......then i broke up more.....and same thing......

even after a .ike 2 months it was still sticky!

hope that helps?

peace!

mm

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
im still under the impression that the cure has a minimal effect on the overall stickiness of the bud. seems to me that different strains are the real culprit. personally i know that the jedi stock i have right now and the last years NLXH were both crazy sticky. all the other strains in my collection have varying degrees but none come close to either jedi or the old NLXH and all were slow cured hung on lines.. then jarred.

darthvapor

the cure mellows out the bud because it breaks down the magnesium and chlorophyll. so the bud tokes smoother and not as harsh so more of the terpenes are noticialbe. The sticky comes from the resin content which is determined by the dna of the bud.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
Yes GENES play An Important Part

mexicanmafia said:
i'm not sure? but in my case...... when i grew the c99 and the grapefruit it stayed sticky even after like 2 mo's till i smoked it all....... i think the main factor would be the main drying pereod.... i hung my nugs up sill on the branches manicured for like 6 days or so till they were dry but not like really dry dry that it crumbles.... it still has a lil bit of flex to it(the bud) but its dry that feels crunchy.......there is still some moisture left inside the bud..... at this point i choped the nugs off the branches and jarred them up in 1 qt mason jars..... then for the next couple of days i kept a close eye on them...... opening the jars for like a 1/2 an hour a day or maybe more at first once the moisture started getting out and into the extremedies of the buds..... i touched them a bit and when they felt soft i took the lid off for about 30-40 mins at a time.... keeping a close eye on the bud and checking regularly........ took about 1 week to get all the moisture out to a good level...... that the buds were dry but not too dry....... then just cured normally....

outcome.....

then i remember getting frustrated some times when i would break up the gf buds to rolla oint..... my fingers were so sticky that the bud i was breaking up kept sticking on my fingers and kept trying to get it off......then i broke up more.....and same thing......

even after a .ike 2 months it was still sticky!

hope that helps?

peace!

mm

Ola Mexi Maf

hows things .... ?

just air dry it without jarring it afterwards usually leaves it a little sticky
or do it mexi's way

Viva la revolution

Peace :joint:

Last edited:

mtnjohn

Veteran
the longer you can dry it before it gets totally dry .................the better
then put it in jars

i have some apollo 11 that has a 6 month cure and it's better than ever
alos some c99 x panama red with a 4+ month cure

both of these are a good deal better now than they were when they were initially dried to a somkeable state............taste and high mainly tho

Last edited:

1stimer

Cool thnaks guys. I haverested some hashberry and it was extremely sticky when triming and trichs dripping everywhere but it just did not dry sticky. I dried in a paper bag for about 7-8 days before jarring. I live where it is fairly dry so moisture gets sucked out quick

My suggestion to getting sticky bud...is to dry it for 4 days...just hang it, let be for 4 days...and then bag it...I garuntee it will be sticky just like you got back in the day...I believe that is what commercial growers do...Cuzz it still has more weight to it that way...But I could be wrong...Well atleast thats what id do if i really wanted to make some money.

But i hear of alot of people that doesnt want that sticky bud...They would rather have it super dry, so you could just SNAP of a piece and burn it without the worries of it having moisture in it....Alot of concern of mold on not completely dried bud..PEACE

swx2

I think you're right about commercial growers doing that because I often get bags of bud that would have been awesome had they been cured properly. Instead they are decent buds that get you high but taste and/or smell like grass clippings or hay or something equally gross for pot to smell like.

G

i have friends that get all of theirs to turn out super sticky, the way i have heard of them doing it is just really slow drying. if you let it dry out to much to fast , it looses some of the stickyness. my next harvest ill be trying to get that same sticky not all the way dry smoke so ill tell you how it goes.

est1977

hang your plants
keep it cold (67)and humid for the first 3 days like 50 % then gradually reduce the humidity of your area over about 3 more days keep a small fan circulating into your area but not on the buds,in about 2 weeks of temps about 67 you should have dry
snapable buds at this point give it a 2 week jar detail this means keeping a jar (not to packed )in a cool dark area opening it up 2 times a day for about 20 minutes after 2 weeks voila bomb cured bud the key is to dry the bud slow as to give it time to break down the plant compounds but keep an eye out for mold
bomb cured bud

thc43

Veteran
real sticky like when a baggy looks like its had speed in it. fresh maby fast dried herb.. while the resin is still oily.

as the weed cures the trics become less sticky are thicker coated compressed or rolled weed would certinly stick to the bag. .

a bud i rolled/ slightly compressed during the early stages of a cure left alot of resin on alfoil but showed what the buds would look like fully cured.

Last edited:
est1977 said:
hang your plants
keep it cold (67)and humid for the first 3 days like 50 % then gradually reduce the humidity of your area over about 3 more days keep a small fan circulating into your area but not on the buds,in about 2 weeks of temps about 67 you should have dry
snapable buds at this point give it a 2 week jar detail this means keeping a jar (not to packed )in a cool dark area opening it up 2 times a day for about 20 minutes after 2 weeks voila bomb cured bud the key is to dry the bud slow as to give it time to break down the plant compounds but keep an eye out for mold
bomb cured bud

You cant get no better basic cure than that. Those are great guidlines to follow

Equipment Junki

I don't let it hit plastic till it goes out the door.

Try this: let it hang til the stems will easilly snap.

Get paper bags like the ones from the grocery store (you know paper or plastic?)

Put your crop in the paper bags and put them in a plastic cooler, 5 gallon paint bucket with a top or similar. I like insulated plastic coolers.

Leave the top of the paper bag open.

Every day open the cooler and let it gas off for a few seconds. Every few days stir the nugs up from the bottom of the bag.

Do this for 30 days. It seems to improve the aromas on some phenos.

Respect

Latest posts

Latest posts