What's new

When to chop? Not a question about maturation.

G

My question is after a plant has been flushed,is mature and it's time to chop.

Is it best to chop the plant when its well watered or when its thirsty?

Last edited:

DrKatz420

final watering

final watering

In my experience, the time between final watering and chop depends on several factors. If you have high humidity, or any other factors that increase the probability of mold, you should probably give them 4-6 days between water and chop to help them dry quicker. If it's particularly dry (low humidity, <20%), water them just a day or two before the chop, to help them take a little longer to dry. Bottom line: the slower the dry, the smoother the smoke, but don't fuck around and risk losing everything to mold just to get them to dry a little slower. Peace.

Dr. Katz

G

i would say watered... your plants are about to die, and you DONT want them to pack on as much weight as possible?

kurlyq2g

but since it is just water weight, and there are no nutes going in, and the plant is taking in carbon just fine, then it would all just evaporate off in theory, right?

thus making it more prone to mold (if that is realistic in your area)
Like the good doctor said i guess it is dependant on your situation, if you fear not the ravages of mold, i personally would do it wet.. but if you even think that may be an issue (huge colas, high humidity....) then i would do it dry and be happy.

hope i helped or at least gave you an idea
Kq2g

G

thanks guys , it was one of the last factors i hadent given much thought to and just thought id get some opinoins to4 see if there was a diffrence. Thanks!

KingRalph

you want it at least a day after watering. and then take them late in the dark cycle, if you won't use a longer dark period at the end already. this allows the plant to get the starches down to the roots. if the roots are not breathing properly (ie drowning in water at the time) they will not properly accept an expel the starches, leaving your bud harder to burn. this is just my take on it....

i like to let them get extra dry for the only reason of having all that soil sittting around untill the next ones are ready. Thats if you reuse your soil which i do.

Latest posts

Latest posts