What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who has grown romulator's Super silver haze cut?

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
High,

I won a pack of super silver haze x orange apollo from seedbay, 'romulator' is the breeder of this strain and it looks promising from his description.

' The SSH used in this hybrid is a local clone that has been passed around extensively on the boards & not one person has ever complained about the final product....it has a bag appeal that far exceeds most "street cultivars", and an insanely "spicy" funk that lingers in the air for HOURS after puffing it...when you have a jar full it's hard to keep from opening it and grabbing some more...it does stretch slightly, but not uncontrollably...and it has a surpirsingly short flower time for a haze hybrid (it is DONE in 60 days)...

...the "Orange Apollo" is a Rezdog creation that many of you may be familiar with...I grew a few out some time ago and I found a male that was absolutely covered in visible (to the naked eye) trichomes... Each and every pollen sack was frothing over with resin...I've included a few pics of pics (from the o.g. days) for you all to gaze @...this hybrid should turn out to be fantastic, and I'm really interested in the grow reports on it...best of luck'

If you have grown either strain- the 60 day super silver haze or rez's orange apollo please post up pics

If you have romulators SSH cut please post pics up & any information you may have.

Thanks!

Last edited:

cyburnt

Got some about a week old now

Got some about a week old now

All I can say is they are some fertile mofos. The beans all popped and germed perfectly. Jus dropped some of his Atomic haze X Buddas Sister as well for a later grow along with the OA X SSH (looking for moms) :sasmokin:

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah there are some peopz that heave grown the " 63 " days pheno , i think you refer to the catpiss pheno which acrtually is a haze/Skunker with some major pissy undertones following the spicy rush of ssH ... , i think those 63 days were achieved on hydro or DWC as im a soil grower and my catpiss pheno was ready @ 70days !

catpiss

5747PICT0955.JPG

have fun

Fj

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
high zilla, is romulator ssh the bubba dutch clone? have you tried it out?

cyburnt, great do you have a grow thread on them? i'm had a disaster with my safe addy and need to get a new one right away so i can get mine shipped asap!

thanks for the pictures Fj, looks like it yields quite well. so you are saying that the 63 day pheno actually goes for 70 days huh. hopefully the OA will get the flower time down some as i grow mainly indica dom varieties with short flower phase.

MrDank

Veteran
I have grown Romulator's SSH cut a few times. It is very very good. I am willing to bet anything that it is a Greenhouse version. She finishes in around 60 days, give or take 2 days. She is close to a 60/40 indica/sativa ratio. She has full thick flavor, much like a good NL/Haze would have. She does hit you in the head, but grows nothing like the sativa phenotypes that I have smoked and grown. It has thick and dense buds compared to the Hazy buds that I am used to in a SSH. It is very good herb. I don't know much about his Orange Apollo, but I am quite sure that with good selection you will find a good keeper in that pack of beans. I would definitely grow his SSH again, that's for sure

l_d_d

Its excellent. Always keep one in my lineup for several runs. Like stated it faaaast, done around 60 days. Very frosty, trics are excellent it gets nice and dense… solid nugs. It smells great throughout all stages of its life, death, and resurrection, lol. distinct.. And tastes awesome too. Kind of a fruity or berry flavor imo, with some dank added in… cuz its not all fruity. Ive had certain batches that linger in the air FOREVER! Its one that used to stink up my whole apartment when the jar was opened. AND when smoked, you can smell it in the air for hours at times. There has been more than one occasion when me and another person left after toking on it, and came back hours later to open the door to the distinct reek of this cut. Also, doesn’t happen to me a lot, but with cold temps she colors up nicely… purple ssh.. Roms a little better at keeping a cool room and he says it almost always go purple for him. I see Rom mentioned the linger effect in his description, this is no bullshit!! I remember telling him about this before. In my circle of friends this is what its known for. I just asked my buddy sitting here how he would describe the SSH and that’s exactly what he said. ;)

It has a very mild stretch but nothing uncontrollable…, I wouldn’t say it’s a high yielder, but average not too low. Definetly needs some veg time, could be me but Ive tried to flower her right after rooting and she doesn’t get very big that way, but most plants don’t…. also, imho, she likes to stay single cola dominant, ill get several tops off of her but it seems like she always wants to keep one dominant. Ive never noticed her to be picky or need tons of attention either, as far as ease of growth she is a champ.

She always is one that stands out in the garden when looking at the plants… has the encrusted jeweled looking frost on its tight nugs…. An eye catcher for sure.

Shouldn’t be disappointed at all, if Im not mistaken that was an exceptional stud he used in that hybrid… should find some special stuff in there!

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
well id certainly not turn down the opportunity to grow this girl
sounds like a dream come true if you love haze but hate waitin

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Romulators cut of ssh is some fire! We still have her ass churning out the spicy tangy gooey dense nugs of goodness. Its a fast haze that requires little nutes and loves the light. If i had a good male plant i would definately hit it cause there gonna be some kickin ass babies. The smell and taste of the dried and cured weed from roms cut is addictive. Whoever gets them seeds gonna be plenty happy come harvest time.

beancounter

Veteran
~Shhh~ said:
high zilla, is romulator ssh the bubba dutch clone? have you tried it out?

good question. I have a BD SSH in veg, and i'd love to see some info on it.

chili, that shit looks dank bro :yummy:

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the romulator cutting and the bubba dutch cutting of ssh are different altogether. First off I may be one of the few that has both cuts. Secondly I cherish both and would jones for it if I didnt have either. Roms is a dense bud making little ripper with tons of frosting and tangy flavor. The high is definately not for the beginner. Kinda speedy at first and then relaxing to the point of nirvana. Bubba's cutting makes larger but more on the fluffy side. Not as dense and has a very sweet almost cookie batter or sour apple smell depending on at what stage shes flowering. Its a hard one to put a finger on. It does have alot of frost like a good SSH should. Yields are phenominal when dialed. The high is great and depending how long you let her flower, You may get very potent buds. With either cutting the grower and user will be pleased. Have a look at why its called super silver.

Last edited:

-=WZ=-

Chili_berkster said:
the romulator cutting and the bubba dutch cutting of ssh are different altogether. First off I may be one of the few that has both cuts. Secondly I cherish both and would jones for it if I didnt have either. Roms is a dense bud making little ripper with tons of frosting and tangy flavor. The high is definately not for the beginner. Kinda speedy at first and then relaxing to the point of nirvana. Bubba's cutting makes larger but more on the fluffy side. Not as dense and has a very sweet almost cookie batter or sour apple smell depending on at what stage shes flowering. Its a hard one to put a finger on. It does have alot of frost like a good SSH should. Yields are phenominal when dialed. The high is great and depending how long you let her flower, You may get very potent buds. With either cutting the grower and user will be pleased. Have a look at why its called super silver.

Nice post!!! Just like he said they are different phenotypes ....I have only grown BD's and (pic/smoke comparision) from a uniformity/bud structure stand point BD's has much bigger nugs (like Chili said) that are more spongy then rock hard... BD's cut is Indica dominant compared to most SSH cuts I have seen/smoked.....It taste like floral cookie doe .. :joint:

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the BDSSH wont stretch very much. Top her once and veg her for a week or two. She never dissapoints me. Also here is another peek at roms cut.

G

-=WZ=- ....I'm currently getting ready to release a full line of autoflowering beasters, that if hybridised will produce progeny that carry all undesirable beaster traits (bad smell, too much leaf, trichomes that fall right off, and of course TONS of stem!!)....

...just pullin yer' chain, lol...I've been making my own hybrids for the last 3 years, and distributing them heavily through pm's all the while...Root Cellar Seeds is an off-shoot of the Bukkake Bros., my goal is to become an agent of change spreading good genetics far & wide....and monetary gain is the furthest thing from my mind, I sent in some seeds to SBay this summer with low buy now prices & at this point I don't know if trading suhweet homemade hybrids for lame dutch genetics is such a good idea... (Seedbay will only offer you seedboutique seed stock as payment for your auctions)... I know you're not a fan of poly-hybs WZ, thats why this year we've got several 1st bx's going on, and I'm going to be taking a couple hyb's to the F3 & beyond...

L_D_D~~~~> your description is to the T! I'm glad she still has a place in your expansive garden..

...Berkster, nice pics...another thing people haven't mentioned is how "Rom's SSH" doesn't herm @ all, ever!

...here's a link to a SSH x NevMapleHaze test grow that I did, talk about a fiesta of phenotypes...look @ how fingered out #2 got....

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=30087

*I've got a Maui Wowie male busting mega loads right now & I'm gonna lace up a SSH top as soon as I can, I call it...The Silver Surfer...:)

mysta177

Rom- nice to see you around. Man I got to say I miss your pics. he silver surfer sounds like a keeper. I hope to get my hands some of these beans when there available. What mix are you using now days? Have you tried MSM new mix?
stay green-mysta

G

...more pics coming soon :) Got some Bubba x I.Lav females that are @ day 25 ish and lookin' spectacular! I assume you're talking about how MSM is using less of the Light Warrior, and is adding coco-coir & some black gold now? I alsways tinker with my mixes, but now they've been used and re-used a few times with no negative consequences...

...I myself enjoy using a good portion of the Light Warrior in my veg mix because it has good aeration & water holding capacity (and a little "charge" of nutrient content)...but most importantly it has a low bulk density...everyone has their own microclimate that they work with & as far as I can see my veg requires a mix with high pore space & low bulk density...i say that because this summer i had a few things dampen off while they were establishing into 1 gallon containers...

...the coco-coir may help me out, it may be a while before I get any...the bros @ the grow store around here are real schizophrenic about their discounting so I rarely make big orders there anymore...

BISCUIT

I've been hearing great things about the Bubba Dutch cut of SSH since I was a young pup on OG, the shit looks killer