What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

advice needed?

scorpion5088

:joint: this is a few pictures of my plants what spend most of there time in my garden, i feed them miracle grow every now and then apart from that nothing ,the water comes from above or the kitchen tap ,the only problem i have is the plants are W/widow and skunk i got them mixed up now i do not know which is which is ther any way to tell by the pics any help appreicated .The plants in the green containers are still on natural light the three in the pots are 12/12 PS first grow..

Nate

Nice plants man, I couldn't tell which was which...must be nice to be able to grow in the backyard like that :joint:

gr0wm4g3

Well it's obvious to me that pics 1, 7, and the last one are definitely more indica. Find out which strain is more indica and you have a general idea which is probably which.

G

Id guess that the more sativa looking plants are WW. Just a guess though. Nice job, very impressive first grow :joint:

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
First let me say your plants look good....First grow nice...Miracle Grow huh..make sure you give them a real good flush when they are finishing...lots of N in that stuff...I've used it a long time ago..I've also grown these two strains before(no MG,organic). The WW is stocker, darker/wider leaves...The skunk is lighter in color..grows large main cola with small side branching..When topped they look like the ones you have in the round brownish container....The skunk smells skunky and the WW smells floral.....Get off that MG..Get some thing geared for cannabis...MG is great for tomatoes not so great to flower MJ with...Hope this helps...peace

To each his own, but I have never had a problem with Miracle Grow and have never flushed the plants. I generally stop fertilizing after a few weeks into flowering.

The other plants in your garden definitely identify that garden as an English one! :D

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Citizens Aux PD....What you are doing by not fertin' after the first few weeks of flowering is flushing your plants.....By just giving the plant water, the plant uses up nutes it has stored up..Flushing the plants of ferts...giving you weed that taste good and burns well....MG has way way too much N in it for flowering...Most people switch to a fert very low in N and higher levels of P and K...Seems to work for most everybody!!!!...peace

Last edited:
Point taken about the flushing, mitsu1. So I've been flushing and didn't even know it!

I've never bothered with ferting for flowers, don't know why, really, maybe it's cause the plants have never told me they need ferting when flowering. They talk to me and I listen.

Cheers for the flushing info!

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
No problem CAPD...glad to help when I can...I should point out that there is two types of flushing...Final flushing which we discussed and then there is flushing to rid the growing medium of built up salts. Or if you happen to over feed your plants you can do this to rinse out the ferts. If using a 2 gal container to grow in you whould put 2-3 times that amount in water. In this case 4-6 gals of water would do the trick. Do this outside or get another container to catch all the run off..Final Flushing is usally done the last 1-2 weeks of flowering...Back when I used MG I did it just like you do. First 3 weeks then just water...worked out good for me...seems like your happy with it. Thats all that counts. Once I changed to organic nutes and soil my yeilds doubled the product was vastly improved(potency,smell and flavor).Give it a try you wont be sorry!!!!.....peace

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Mostly Pure blend grow and bloom nutes and pro-mix soil with bone meal,blood meal and kelp meal making up the basic soil amendments...I also use FF bloom and sometimes EJ bloom..depending on which strain i'm growing at the time..same with the soil...worm castings,jersey greensand and epson's salt get thrown in sometimes.. The Pure Blend with a basic amended soil works great for most anything..1 tsp/gal with the PB. With one cu.yd. pro-mix I would put 1/2 cup bloodmeal 1 cup bone meal 1/2 cup kelpmeal. If you cant find kelp meal use 1 cup bloodmeal. If not using pro-mix or something that has lime in it to stablize the ph add 1 lime. After mixing the soil up let it compost before you use it...add water to the soil. mix it in and in a couple of days the soil will be warm to the touch. once the soil has cooled it'sready to use(2 weeks). I put Liquid Karma in the water that soaks the soil..this helps speed up the micro activity in the soil...other stuff used Liquid karma, Sweet Thrive Alive green bottle or Superthrieve...Thats about it !!! If you decide to try it and need any help give me a shout!!!....peace

Latest posts

Latest posts