What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Veg Cab

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
I have my micro grow in the grow diaries, don't want to repeat so I am going to share my new addition. My veg cab:
Began with an old 2 drawer metal filing cabinet.
I removed the top drawer, spray painted it white, drilled holes in the back, placed a wire on top to hold the lights.

Inside I have two 32 watt cfl's, a thermometer, a Tru Air carbon filter, and a fan behind the cab blowing in the holes.
I attached velcro down the sides of the cab and along the sides of a piece of black leather. I covered part of the leather with mylar.
Then I cover the whole thing with a table cloth and there ya go, a veg cab.

Last edited:

bongoman

Nice - I've often thought a filing cabinet could be put to better use than holding old papers!

How do you find your ventilation system with a fan blowing through the holes?

And what do you flower in? A micro setup as well?

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
bongoman said:
Nice - I've often thought a filing cabinet could be put to better use than holding old papers!

How do you find your ventilation system with a fan blowing through the holes?

And what do you flower in? A micro setup as well?

I also have one of these True Air filters in there. It has a carbon filter in it and also moves air. The fan and holes work great! At first I didn't have the holes, I thought by having the top drawer out, it would be enough. But the heat build up in it was so bad. I have a small fan sitting behind it and it works very well.
I do have a micro grow, I just did a grow diary from beginning to end in the diary section and have some pics in my gallery.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
pieceofmyheart said:
I also have one of these True Air filters in there. It has a carbon filter in it and also moves air. The fan and holes work great! At first I didn't have the holes, I thought by having the top drawer out, it would be enough. But the heat build up in it was so bad. I have a small fan sitting behind it and it works very well.
I do have a micro grow, I just did a grow diary from beginning to end in the diary section and have some pics in my gallery.

Where did you get that? I was looking all over for those true air filters, but couldnt find any.

Latitude18

NICE!!! very Inventive , fire proof , inexpensive , And stealthy ... I could put one of those right next to my chair and never have to get up again .. he he

That deserves the 'MacGuyver of the month' award , IMO, you have my vote.

BTW , Are you a hand model for the TrueAir co. ? Looks like a pic from a catalog. he he

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
hahaha no but maybe I should ask them to pay me for advertising, huh? hahaha

I have felt kind of MacGuyver like since I began my growing adventure. It is really fun, I think. The veg cab actually is right beside my desk and chair. I had used it for paperwork before but this is a much better use.

Thank you

G

pieceofmyheart said:
Right now I have 2 Apollo 11 and 1 VB/AK.
You are going to be :yoinks: with the apollo 11. Very stealth grow you have there great work, I wouldn't have thought of a file cabinet :chin: .

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Going Macguyver again................
Leaving for 5 days, have some seedlings, cuttings and one in flower. I took clothes line, poked a hole with a chopstick and threaded the line into the dirt of each plant. Then put the other end in water.

Wish me luck, I hate to leave my babies but I must.

Update yall on their health on my return.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
Well the string in the water method must have helped because my plants fared quite well.
OPT in flower looked great, lots of new budsites had developed.
The cuttings looked wilty and all but one has bounced back.
My seedlings are working on their 4th set of leaves and didn't seem to be bothered by my absence at all.

pieceofmyheart

Veteran

Here's what I have going. 1 Apollo 11 and 1 VB/AK cuttings going into flower in a week or so.
3 White Rhino and 2 OPT 2 weeks from seed.

G

Good work POMH!!!!! :woohoo:

I am very proud of you! :wave:

That should keep the kids out of your "stash-in-the-making".

BH

JARofHERB

POMH is the 2 OPT= Oregon Purple Thi?
I met someone down at the waterfront yesterday that had some of that herb....it was super good,,a nice sativa energy stone..

Latest posts

Latest posts