What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lucky break or Bad Beat?

Pyramid

A few days ago in the morning I received a phone call from a sibling telling me that their home was just raided by Sheriffs looking for our father who appearantly has a warrant for arrest.

I had over 50 plants flowering at the time and went into instant teardown. Im sure it was the right move but it freaked out my S.O. so much that I know ill never be able restart.

Not sure what I want to get out of this thread but it just goes to show that even with all your bases covered life sometimes just gets weird. So should I be counting my blessings that they didnt hit here first or should I be upset that my shit gets ruined and my hard work went down the drain along with the goodwill of my wife?

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I don't understand why they raided your brothers house if they were after your dad. Seems to me that unless your dad was living there that they'd just stop by and ask a few questions. Stranger things happen I suppose

Pyramid

My dad has been semi homeless since a divorce from my mother in which they sold the house. Hes been staying with family and friends for well over a year. I believe he used her address ( it was my sisters house) for documents at some point during this time. They had a search warrant for the house and looked in every place a person could hid.

Wise

Just don't answer the door. I doubt they would have enough for a warrant to enter your home just because you are his son.

kifmaster

arrest warrants dont give permission to search a property. If there is reason to believe said person is at the property they can attempt to look for that individual.

Without proof of him being on your property, they can't knock your door down and start rummaging through your shit.

That being said, cops do wtf they feel like.

E

el dub

A grower friend in Colorado threw a well advertised party at his mountain retreat a few years back. The county sheriff had a couple of cars on the road running plates going onto the property. When a person with an outstanding warrant finally made the scene, the coppers followed him up the mountain. Dude went in the front door and fled out the back. Piggies had cause to search the place from top to bottom and eventually found his grow.

lw

BattleAxe

So should I be counting my blessings that they didnt hit here first or should I be upset that my shit gets ruined and my hard work went down the drain along with the goodwill of my wife?

Count your blessings and remember it could always be worse. You can always start again.

B

BrnCow

A grower friend in Colorado threw a well advertised party at his mountain retreat a few years back. The county sheriff had a couple of cars on the road running plates going onto the property. When a person with an outstanding warrant finally made the scene, the coppers followed him up the mountain. Dude went in the front door and fled out the back. Piggies had cause to search the place from top to bottom and eventually found his grow.

lw

Never have a party at a grow site...

jd4083

Veteran
arrest warrants dont give permission to search a property. If there is reason to believe said person is at the property they can attempt to look for that individual.

Without proof of him being on your property, they can't knock your door down and start rummaging through your shit.

That being said, cops do wtf they feel like.

Any supporting evidence for these statements?

Never have a party at a grow site...

seriously...your friend is brain dead, no offense...but thank him on behalf of every other grower for taking some of the heat off of us...

mowood3479

Veteran
not what id call lucky.... bad beat for sure. I have heard the same thing about arrest warrants... they are not the same as a search warrant. If all the cops have is an arrest warrant and no information that verifies that the person they are searching for is in the residence then they cant enter...
they will however post peepers at all the windows and back doors and then go bang on the front door... hoping that they spook the person into showing themselves... and as someone mentioned, all they need to do is "say" they saw the person through a window... and blammo ur door is kicked in and house searched top to bottom... gestapo shit

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts