What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

cuttings

:artist:i was wondering if i could root cuttings in an ebb and grow 2 gallon 12 site bucket system with hydroton and if so how many times in 24 hours should it flood

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I bet you could if you used rapid rooters to hold the cutting. I wouldn't drain the table but once a day. I'd keep the cuttings sitting in a little bit of water (as long the table temps are stable). Now, I've never done this so I really don't know how well it would work out...but I do root in rapid rooters and leave them in sitting in a small amount of cloning tea. They fluid gets changed out every day and they are on a heat pad. The idea (i think) is to give some moisture without over doing it. You're trying to encourage roots to grow and seek for water & food.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
You're better off reading up on cloning and choosing the best ideas that fit your specific situation.... and that you understand completely.

While you're growing roots on them.... do more research on E&F and nutrition for your plants. :D

You can never know too much info before starting your growing.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Latest posts

Latest posts