What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MMAR Doctor in Toronto or Skype Doctors on Student Budget

clp

Hey ICMAG!

I've been doing some research into getting my medical marijuana certification in Canada for the past few years. The cost has been holding me back though.

I've found one clinic out in Vancouver but with a skype interview it costs near $600 for a 1 year certification. As a poor university student I can't spend $600 every year to be medical.

Are there doctors within an hour of Toronto that I could call/visit?

Any doctors that do it over Skype for less than $500?

Please respond in the thread or in a PM (PM preferred to keep these things private).

Thanks and I am looking forward to your responses,

CLP

root2vest

depends on your condition, I dont know any doctors that will sign just so you can be legal..

And a doctors appointment over a webcam? wtf

clp

depends on your condition, I dont know any doctors that will sign just so you can be legal..

And a doctors appointment over a webcam? wtf

Sleep disorder (insomnia, restless leg) and ADHD. I'm actually from the states but have perscriptions and diagnosis's for each of these. Can transfer them up here.

Supposedly a bunch of docs are now doing it over Skype. They are just charging outlandish fees to do it versus doing it in person (typically double).

P

powerrobbie

Try hard and save up man, then after you do it once you have a whole year to save up 500 bucks...dont you think your capable of that? Gotta pay to play as they say lol. It's well worth the cost imo

root2vest

^ Exactly, this is an expensive 'hobby' to get into. You should look at the $600 up front to get licensed as a cheap investment. It should be included in your budget for you initial over head costs.

clp

Try hard and save up man, then after you do it once you have a whole year to save up 500 bucks...dont you think your capable of that? Gotta pay to play as they say lol. It's well worth the cost imo

^ Exactly, this is an expensive 'hobby' to get into. You should look at the $600 up front to get licensed as a cheap investment. It should be included in your budget for you initial over head costs.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I realize this is an expensive hobby, I'm just trying to minimize costs where I can. I don't plan on profiting from my grows. It will be small personal grows.

bigbag

Veteran
go to medicalmarijuana.ca and sign up as a patient. then they will get skype for $ 450 ish... great folks they are

clp

go to medicalmarijuana.ca and sign up as a patient. then they will get skype for $ 450 ish... great folks they are

maybe contact these people... its in Hamilton so it isn't to far from Toronto... Im not sure about prices and such but if you call them they can give you all the information...
http://www.hamiltonmm.ca/index.htm

Thanks for the connections guys! A saved $150 can go towards a pretty decent personal setup :)

No place in the next few years for my 1000 watter :(

KanadianKronik

So i was thinking about some stuff from this thread, and for the doctors that charger $600 for the skype meeting, with that $600, is it just for the meeting or is it for if they approve you? Im not going to do it myself, but was just thinking about how much it would suck to pay $600 and then get denied..

chongsbuddy

Veteran
i just pais $516 to medicalmarijuana.ca and my papers are signed and in for processing,apparantly the ontario mmar is no longer overwelmed and the processing times are from 6-10 weeks now.

clp

So i was thinking about some stuff from this thread, and for the doctors that charger $600 for the skype meeting, with that $600, is it just for the meeting or is it for if they approve you? Im not going to do it myself, but was just thinking about how much it would suck to pay $600 and then get denied..

Yea whats the $600 for?

$600 is for the skype appointment and a few other things. Once you have the doctors approval you are "gaurunteed" to get in (this is what they told me over the phone.)

If you pay the $600, you are getting accepted for sure (according to them.)

Canada

Who where talking too?
Maybe pm me if you dont want to out the clinc or what every I would liek to give them a call

Organic~Canuck

Hi new to the forum.. I live in ontario, also in the process of becoming legal. I am going to try my doctor first, i may have to use the website link that was posted.

i was approved in BC, but i moved before I finished. I have TMJ which causes me a lot of pain, and I have tried absolutely everything. I am hoping to get my possession, growing, and the distribution ( to a patient). Hopefully the process doesn't take longer then the 10 weeks thats quite some time!

I have ADHD, and am a registered premaritally disabled person because of this, tax breaks and all. Also have problems sleeping.

Are you people saying there are docs in Canada that will Skype for 600$ and sign papers?

clp

I have ADHD, and am a registered premaritally disabled person because of this, tax breaks and all. Also have problems sleeping.

Are you people saying there are docs in Canada that will Skype for 600$ and sign papers?

Wow how did you go about getting this disability tax breaks? I've been diagnosed with ADHD.

Yes. Doctors do it over skype for often less than $600. Only valid for one year though then it's another $600...

Hi new to the forum.. I live in ontario, also in the process of becoming legal. I am going to try my doctor first, i may have to use the website link that was posted.

i was approved in BC, but i moved before I finished. I have TMJ which causes me a lot of pain, and I have tried absolutely everything. I am hoping to get my possession, growing, and the distribution ( to a patient). Hopefully the process doesn't take longer then the 10 weeks thats quite some time!

I actually have TMJ as well!! Never had to get pain killers or anything but I have been diagnosed with it. Doctor told me they can't do anything about it... This is what you got approved for in B.C.? Maybe that's actually what I'll go for instead of sleep disorders. Seems like a better fit.

It is currently taking 6-10 weeks according to these people.