What's new

help with water pump size??...

optimal

plan on running a small drip system, 4 2 gallon coco pots. with drip lines. made a pvc manifold, have a recycle timer....

manifold is a pvc loop with a tee 3 feet by 2 feet. 3/4" tube.

im just unsure on what size pump to use for the res...(will be drip to waste)

any help apreacited!

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
What's the height of the rez in relation to the drippers (how much lift)

Make sure your waste capacity is bigger than your rez, at some point the timer will empty the lot

How many drippers?

hazydreams

The GPH of the drippers would be helpful to size the pump accordingly. being that you are using 3/4" PVC and 4 drippers it would stand to reason that if your drippers are in the .5-1 gph category that a 400gph would be more then enough with (assuming here) 2-3 feet of head pressure.

If you are using open dripper lines the size of the pump is going to depend on how fast you want the the on/off cycle rate to be.

Hope this helps! a little more info is nesscessary to truly give you an exact pump.

optimal

Was thinking just 4 -1/4" dripper lines straight into the coco with no stakes or dripper gph restrictors. Should not need much lift rez will be no more than 2 foot below drippers. Have a nice sentinel timer so hopefully I wont flood my whole rez out.....

growshopfrank

Veteran
i would try something around 180 GPH mag drive with a plastic petcock in line to regulate the flow it should flow plenty without heating your res much

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
For a 2 gallon pot I'd use 2 drip lines/pot

If you're in the UK, an MJ750 would be the one .... Greens have them

Latest posts

Latest posts