What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

co2 ???????????

G

comeon now co2 is a gas now, I say get the co2 tank! or dry ice (frozen co2)

Last edited:

slyfoxberg

actually, from what i have heard it's seltzer water, not soda water. there is also a method that involves using brewers yeast and bottle with a rubber stopper on it. not sure of the details. i grow outdoors now, but i once attempted an indoor grow and used seltzer water for CO2. at that time i was just going by a bunch of books and really screwed the grow up, but it was still fun. good luck with yer grow.

Last edited:

Cannabis_Man

A friend is going to give me a pepsi co2 tank and regulator and I was just wondering when the best time to give the plants a shot of co2 would be, like morning or night.

LEGI0N

co2 only druring the lights on period. You're going to need to know the size of your room. WXDXH = cubic feet. You're goning to need to add so much co2 for each cf of your room.

Go to www.hydroponics.net and in the info section there is a co2 calulator. Punch in your numbers and it will tell you (@ what setting) how long to run it.

Cannabis_Man

Thanks Man, Great info, also do you think I could only use it during flowering for bigger buds, or do i need to run it all the time to get the full effect.

cobo

I found the answer !!!!!!!!!!!

I found what I had read about the co2 in the water. It was in the “Ed Rosenthal” marijuana grower’s handbook. This is what he says about it.

Another grower told me that he is supplying his plants with co2, by spraying them periodically with seltzer (salt free soda water), which is water with co2 dissolved. He claim it doubles his plants grow rate. This method is a bit expensive when the plants are large, but economical when they are small.

does anyone use this method and how does it work

:1help: ]COBO'S First GROW !!!!!!http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29049&page=1&pp=15[B[/B] :jump:

:smoweed:

Last edited:

cobo

I FOUND THE ANSWER !!!

I FOUND THE ANSWER !!!

I found the answer !!!!!!!!!!!

I found what I had read about the co2 in the water. It was in the “Ed Rosenthal” marijuana grower’s handbook. This is what he says about it.

Another grower told me that he is supplying his plants with co2, by spraying them periodically with seltzer (salt free soda water), which is water with co2 dissolved. He claim it doubles his plants grow rate. This method is a bit expensive when the plants are large, but economical when they are small.

Does anyone use this method and how does it work for you ??????

PS .slyfoxberg WAS RIGHT BUT HE NEVER GAVE MUCH INFORMATION ON IT , ANYONE ELSE USING THIS METHOD ????

:1help: ]COBO'S First GROW !!!!!!http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29049&page=1&pp=15[B[/B] :jump:

:smoweed:

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I wouldn't bother with the seltzer water. This plastic jug method works fine for me, basically outlined in the DJ Short book and many others.

Drill a hole in the top of the jug (1 gal/5L size), small enough to insert hose (and put your finger over for shaking!). The jug is half-filled with lukewarm water, and then I add 3 cups of plain white sugar. Screw the lid on and give it a good shake to get the sugar dissolved. Then add 1 tablespoon of dried bread yeast (it doesn't have to be that accurate, but aim for less if you're not sure). Stick a hose in the end with lots of holes punched in it, and drape it over the plants somehow.

This thing will happily knock out adequate CO2 for a couple of days, with the odd gentle shake to keep things bubbling. Then add another cup of sugar to 'recharge'. The next two days, add sugar and another teaspoon of yeast. Then sugar alone, etc. After two weeks, empty the whole thing out and re-fill.

This costs:

1 kg bag of sugar per week
1 100g 125g tin of yeast per month.

That's it. The only downsides I can think of, (apart from pouring yeasty liquid everywhere if you overfill or overshake!):

1. The pressure generated is fine to maybe lift the CO2 maybe three feet, but it'll dribble out slowly raised any higher. Just keep floor fans blowing it up onto the plants. If the hose blocks, you also have a sticky yeast bomb in your growroom, so beware that...and if you overfill the jug, the yeast froth will go up the hose and dribble out the end. It will. It has...:)

2. If you get any yeast solution in a hydro system, you could kill your plants.

3. If you don't like the smell of yeast, it's tough, but the ozone generator gets rid of most of that too, and also decent insurance if any spores start flying around...:)

Other than that, it works, and it's totally cheap. My growroom is 5ft X 6ft X 7ft high, and it is fine for that size. Two jars or more when flowering, if needed. I haven't tested the levels, but as long as I can smell yeast I'm happy. As are the plants...:)

Last edited: