What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant Numbers Dictate Yield... FOG Grow

L

laylow

Yeah you herd it here first this is a FOG Grow...

Lots of people chuck the growing style SOG about so willynilly weather they have 9 plants in a square meter or more... back in the day when i was taught what a SOG was it was a 4 plant per sqft minimum that was what i was taught 10+ years ago on OG anyway...

so my point is if people can call there grows SOG's with a few plants under a light then im naming this my first FOG... Grow...

the maximum amount of plants i have grown in one square meter upto date has been 25 this time im attempting 36 the proper old school SOG number but not just 36... 300... :yummy:

each plant will have its own 3.5L/1Gallon Pot and be grown in Coco... this size pot produces 1.5oz/42grams per plant pretty regally..

they are vegging under blue metal halide lamps as we speak and will have had 2 weeks veg in 3 inch pots before they are transplanted into the flowering room...

the flowering room Consists of 12 lights, 2 rows of 6 x 600Hps lamps in Blockbusted Cool shades... these give the best light spread of all cool shade over a square meter btw... but if you are thinking of getting some just know multiple lights are a **** to keep cool and you need lots and LOTS of air flow....

once plants are transplanted into the flowering room all lower shoots will be removed this is what you call lollipoping where only the top end few nodes will be left so when the plants stretch they grow into single cola Budcicles packed in nice and tight....

I normally defoliate my plants 2 weeks into flower but this time im not sure what way i will go weather i will let the plants do there thang or if i will strip them or even cut the fan leaves in half as a wise grower who i look to for mentoring from time to time once told me he was growing with some Dutch growers who use to cut the fan leaves in half when growing in tight situations rather than taking the whole leaf off.... have you herd of this before?????

The Air is changed 4 times per minute when the lights are on and once per minute when the lights are off... a Hotbox supreme keeps the night time temps from dropping below 70 and a hotbox sulphur pot switches on, on a timer for 4 hours a night to keep the nastys at bay weather it be powder meldu or mites ect ect

A humidifier will be used to keep the rooms R/H at 70%+ for the first 3 weeks and then 3 dehumidifiers will run untill the end getting the humidity as low as possible until the chop...

Nutrients and additives that will be used are as follows:

Canna Coco A&B 20ml per 10L the whole way through
Cannazym 25ml per 10L the whole way through
Liquid silicon 5ml per 10L until week 7
Hesi supervit 5ml Per 300L until week 7
Dutch Pro Take Root 10ml per 10L for first 3 weeks
Dutch Pro Explode 10ml and 15ml later on per L same as PK13/14 only better
Power to Bloom powder 10 grams per 100L of water 3 times will update as grow goes on
2 products you cant be without....
House and Garden Drip clean... stops Salt build up in plants and stops lockout all the way through
House and Garden Shooting powder to make buds swell like never before... 1 sachet per 100L 2 weeks before the end
last week GH Ripen and Shooting powder at 1.5 sachets per 100L nothing else....

PH is set top 6.2 and as the grow goes further on is dropped to 6.0 and then 5.8
EC is always around 1.6 to 1.8 and never above 2.4 if the EC pen reads above these you know you have made a mistake somewhere along the way

the strain is a Hybrid from a friend he took Paradise seeds WhiteBerry and crossed this with a Ed Rosenthal Super Bud male then back crossed it with the WhiteBerry... its a 9/10 week strain and its meant to stack up from the floor to the very top with buds so im expecting good things from it...

I have tried to cover as much about my grow as possible if there is anything i have missed or you would like to know please feel free to ask away.... :tiphat:

Im off on holiday for 2 weeks now so by the time i get back these will be going into flower :headbange

bobblehead

Veteran
Wow! 300 plants! aren't you afraid of going to jail?! So... What nutrients do you use? :smokey: and what are your training techniques?

lol... now that all the dumb questions that have already been answered in your amazing intro have been asked... I'm taking my seat on my bobblebucket and lighting up a fatty... :D

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
LayLow that wise grower friend of yours was RIGHT :). LoL I swear I was going to cut half the fans on my girls but I went all the way I need to try this again now that have a good understanding on removing all fans.

Bro enjoy your 2 weeks and I'll be looking forward to this start :). Damn 300 plants just makes me feel
300-sequel.jpg

D

DHF

Seems like I`ve heard that somewhere.....

Seems like I`ve heard that somewhere.....

Killer thread Bro....Respect for the attempt and dialage therein once shit`s hoonin.......and I know it`ll be dialed soon....

Fully rooted budsicles straight 12/12 have made my grow bro`s happy with increased plant numbers since Cali went wild wild west in the mid 90`s with their clone factories....

Make us proud LL....

Peace....Freds...:ying:.....

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
LL I had to read this twice! Good on ya bro, I'm very excited to see succed! I have faith in ya, as usual your putting a hell of a lot of work on yourself :biglaugh:. But we expect nothing less from ya.

Are you going for, 1 cola plants? Tell me more about your ventilation :D.

Now hurry back from holidays and get this kickass grow online, I'm waiting patiently.

HGO

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
I do SOG's...4 per sq/ft.

A FOG heh...what does the F stand for.

Love the high plant numbers = yield.

Hope your camera is working.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
I do SOG's...4 per sq/ft.

A FOG heh...what does the F stand for.

Love the high plant numbers = yield.

The word that the "F" in FOG stands for rhymes with the word in bold from your quote.

I've grown up to 18 plants per square foot. Do I call that a SOG? :)

Ya know, if SOG is Sea of Green, maybe you should call yours OOG (Ocean of Green).

Latest posts

Latest posts