What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO production = Drug Lab?

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
I've noticed a new tread amoung reports of BHO accidents and discoveries. The fire or police refer to them as Drug Lab. Are they planning to try to site and penalize under different laws or su-something?

http://www.fox40.com/videobeta/2d41...7/News/Video-Man-Sets-Himself-on-Fire-at-Home

RIO LINDA—
A man accidentally set himself on fire inside a garage, and Deputies believe it’s because he was making drugs.
Firefighters were called to a home in Rio Linda Wednesday morning for what is reported as a garage fire. The home is near the intersection of Q Street and Dry Creek Road, along Fallon Woods Way.
When officials got there, they found a man with second and third degree burns on his legs. He was transported to a hospital. After firefighters put out the flames, investigators found suspicious materials including pot plants, several guns, and drug-making materials.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department says the man was making hash or hash oil.
"When they do that, they use butane lighters and that's what forces through the marijuana to extract that," said Sac Metro Assistant Chief Scott Cockrum.
According to the Sacramento Sheriff's Department, the man may be charged and jailed when he is able to leave the hospital.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I've noticed a new tread amoung reports of BHO accidents and discoveries. The fire or police refer to them as Drug Lab. Are they planning to try to site and penalize under different laws or su-something?

http://www.fox40.com/videobeta/2d41...7/News/Video-Man-Sets-Himself-on-Fire-at-Home

RIO LINDA—
A man accidentally set himself on fire inside a garage, and Deputies believe it’s because he was making drugs.
Firefighters were called to a home in Rio Linda Wednesday morning for what is reported as a garage fire. The home is near the intersection of Q Street and Dry Creek Road, along Fallon Woods Way.
When officials got there, they found a man with second and third degree burns on his legs. He was transported to a hospital. After firefighters put out the flames, investigators found suspicious materials including pot plants, several guns, and drug-making materials.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department says the man was making hash or hash oil.
"When they do that, they use butane lighters and that's what forces through the marijuana to extract that," said Sac Metro Assistant Chief Scott Cockrum.
According to the Sacramento Sheriff's Department, the man may be charged and jailed when he is able to leave the hospital.

I can see calling the making of BHO in a garage a drug lab even though it's not what any reasonable person would think of as a lab but when they say that "they use butane lighters..." it really stretches the idea that it's a lab. A lab suggests a sophisticated process done in a controlled environment. The image I get of someone using Bic lighters to make BHO is more along the lines of kids huffing glue then a lab in my book.

budbasket

Pretty sure its a manufacturing charge, no different than meth, at least it is here. A drug is a drug is a drug so they say...,dumbasses.-basket

The poor bastard already has 3rd degree burns - I say drop the charges - Im sure he will learn his lesson and not set his garage on fire again lol

P

Pressed4Time

Nor should people with Bic lighters! What an ignorant thing to say.

vta

Veteran
The poor bastard already has 3rd degree burns - I say drop the charges - Im sure he will learn his lesson and not set his garage on fire again lol

you would think so but to LEO and the DA, it's like losing a customer...bad for business....