What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will my seeds be ok?

Kayos_

how well can young sprouts handle a little frost? I took a risk this year and planted a little early and on the news it just said it would get down to 32 degrees tonight, but its gonna warm up the rest of the week. So do you think my seed sprouts can survive?

G. Potter

Depends on their size, the bigger the more likely to survive. Many strains and especially outside strains are tough. The can tike a light frost. Last year we had 4 serious frost events - 2 nights each below 32. The second frost episode it got to 30 and burned the tops of my 12" plants but they were fine. Depends on the strain and size of the plants.

Kayos_

well i placed the seads in peat pellets right after they germed and then planted directly in the soil. They havent even popped out of the ground yet... think they will be ok? P.S. The frost is gone (i hope)

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if they are still pretty low to the ground they may be ok at just 32. Soil contains a lot of water, which makes it slow to temperature change. If your seedlings are still pretty low, the ground will help give them a couple degrees of protection.

Stoner133

It can take a couple days for a seed to root and raise the top above the soil. Once it does, you will be vulnerable to frost for a couple week. Frost sets the plants back, it takes a while to recover and resume growing, if it does.

Latest posts

Latest posts