What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains that aren't related to skunk

mlmkvr

I'm interested in finding strains that are unique in some fashion, and I think I have a better chance by going with something unrelated to the majority of strains.

I know most of the Mandala, DJ Short, and Cannabiogen stuff should be unrelated.

Any seed companies I'm missing, or random strains from other people?

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
Sensi's Maple Leaf indica is a wonderful plant- the very best pure afghani available anywhere and it has zero skunk. It is pure afghan - pure quality - highly underrated.

It is very unique as it is a hybrid of 2 landrace affies taken out of afghanistan before the Russians invaded. There is nothing like it, or of equal quality anywhere in the retail seed world. It is the one and only.

F

FIREofKALI

tom hill seeds - pure ghani or paki indicas... original haze..

ace seeds - same quality like cbg

chimera - strains like burmese x bb or guerrero mexican x bb and many others

i agree with MLI and marley collie or jamaican pearl should be skunkfree too from sensi...

mr. nice - spice(hawaian genetix) for example

look at grindhouse ancient afghan too

also dont forget tiki seeds, underrated seedbank - bambata, african sativa nd many others...

hill temple collective - jamaican jam, sunshine for example...

cannacopia - lapis mountain indica - great example of cross of two distinct ghani lines...

:wave:

WelderDan

Veteran
Gotta agree on the MLI. It's very nice, easy grower and very consistent. And it holds it's own against anything. Tom Hills DC and X18 are tops on my to-get list. Ace and CBG have some nice stuff. Don't forget Mosca and Dutchgrown. Right now, Dutchgrown really has my attention and I'm torn between Toms gear and DG for my next purchase.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Skunk, but there are some very nice genetics available. If you want a good Sativa, look at DG's DTC99 F2's.

F

FIREofKALI

c99 is basicly skunk influenced genetix.. its jack herrer(nlhaze x skunk1) x shiva skunk(nl x skunk1):moon: just fruity skunk....

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
That's easier than it looks.... the tricky thing would be non-skunk,non-afgan or non-dutch varieties. Now that's a harder one! :)

Apart from the already said ones... check out Tropical Seeds Co and Delicatessen, both reputed Spanish seedbanks. Those ones together with Ace, Cannabiogen, Mandala, Tiki, etc... are the kings of original genetics and new breeding nowadays! Lots of interesting landraces crossed and well worked.

Even when most seedbanks used skunk crosses and related strains, there are still tons of non-skunk varieties. Most of the pure indicas (x18, deepchunk, PTK, Pakistan Chitral, MAzar) are skunkfree and Sensi as someone said, has a lot of strains like Marley Collie (based on Jamaican ), Mexican Sativa (oaxacaXdurbanXpakistan), Fruity Juice (thaiXafgan), Early Girl (MexicanXindian)... KC Brains used to have interesting stuff as well, but pretty old stocks.

Another well known dutch skunkfree strains could be White Widow, Hawaiian Snow, El Niño, Haze Mist, Himalaya Gold, Love Potion, Sage, NL#2...

Good luck with your search!

Last edited:

mlmkvr

That's easier than it looks.... the tricky thing would be non-skunk,non-afgan or non-dutch varieties. Now that's a harder one! :)

yeah, i thought about saying non-dutch or non-haze. But I'm also interested in which dutch varieties are non skunk.

Epiphyte

If you want something really unique, find a good skunk strain.....

In all honesty... what aspects of hybrids do you not like....smell, high, taste, look?

IMO, very few strains have a unique high....taste and smell are another story...uniqueness is a massive problem...go with any sativa that is described as clear and energetic...most tend to be very creative also....

I will reiterate, good skunk is unique....

mlmkvr

I will reiterate, good skunk is unique....

nah I've definitely had skunk hybrids that I liked, but am interested in unrelated strains.

no straight up skunk in years, also not partial to the real skunky flavor. I still smell a skunk, and think good cannabis, but prefer other flavors.