What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone ever go from Aero Cloner to Coco?

I assume once you see roots breaking out of the stem, u just throw them in a pot with coco?

Anyone use this method?

Thanks!

yeah was thinking of just putting my cutting straight into coco wth some rooting gel. seems to work great for some people!

Thanks all

ajc0k

Yup all the time..But recently I tried cloning in coco and rockwool and all got roots my first time, stuck on that now.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
same as others..I used to clone in aero..and wait for about 1" long roots then transplant to coco...now I just clone straight in coco...cuts down on transplant shock and uses no electricity, no noise etc...one less step. Now that I look back I should have transplanted them as soon as I saw root bumps...I had no idea back then how easily roots take to coco.

Granger2

Veteran
NG,
I don't ever want to have to wash, sterilize, and dry my aero cloner again. Have had 40 out of 40 rooted. I use a heat mat @ 80F, mist inside of dome, not cuts, 2wice/day. Coco charged with good soaking of 1/2 strength nutes with Plant Success soluble [or other], aggressively squeezed out. No watering before roots appear. I use 9 oz. clear cups sitting inside colored cup. Rooting hormone. One 2' T-5 over std. 11x22 tray. paper towels over dome. Roots in 7-10 days. Good Luck.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I always clone aero style and transplant into dixie cups of coco. I usually let the roots get 6 inches and plentiful and then put the plants in the coco. They stall for about a day and then the next day roots are already popping out the bottom. I am very happy with this method as i usually get 100% success rate and the plants are ready for food as soon as they are transplanted. Not much shock when they have lots of roots.

blank85

I dip my clones into rooting hormone and then put them into cups of phd tap water.

I keep the clones in stasis by having them under a low light source, this way they do not photosynthesis and therefore dont eat the leaves.

Once the roots are a inch or two long i transplant into coco. Although you can transplant as soon as you see nubs. In my experience the better the root system when transplanted the quicker it flourishes. My last batch of 50 clones only one cutting did not root.

I used to use this method but instead of a low light source i used as many 6400k cfl's as i could get. The clones ate the leaves which turned yellow and died. The amount of time it takes to replace the cannibalised leaves varied depending on the size of the clone. The low light source technique is my favourite now. The clones look so much healthier and all the leaves are maintained. This leads to bigger veg plants for me at the end of a cycle (i use cfls to veg so this is nice).

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I do aero to coco...pretty easy...however they stall for about a week. I have a tendency to leave them in the cloner a bit too long...so this probably doesn't help the uptake time. I do prefer this method....as I have tried all other methods and failed miserably.

One day I will get it. I might try cloning in coco in the cups like you guys mention....sounds so damn easy. But it never is. :wave:

guerilla415

Im gonna try the straight coco but i doubt it will drag me away from my aero cloner or aero veg system. From what everyone has said here it looks like the key to doing it successfully is to minimize the transplant shock...shouldnt be a problem, might post some results of some tests soon.

best of luck coco-nauts

guerilla

touringfunkband

I've been cloning using Olivia's Cloning gel and Rapid Rooters in a tray with a humidome for a while now with mixed results depending on the strain. I've been working with both Bogglegum and Sour Bubble and found the Bogglegum to clone very easily within 7-10 days but I've had a hell of a time getting the Sour Bubble cutting to root at all. I recently picked up a Daisy eight site aero cloner on the cheap just for the hell of it. Using r/o water, with no humidome and no misting, I got all eight of my Sour Bubble cuttings to root. It's been a true "set it, and forget" trial. I then transferred the rooted cuttings into a solo cup with Bio-Bizz coco mixed with 25% perlite and the cuttings took off immediately. They didn't seem to stall a bit. I'm using the Lucas formula full strength every watering, but flushing once a week.

guerilla415

nice TFB, id say give regular old tap water a try in the cloner as long as yours isnt ultra dirty, most tap water works well in aero cloners and the small amt. of chlorine is actually good for keeping the rez clean as well as the cuttings. Some H2O2, maybe a few drops or so every rez change will help keep things clean as well.

I experimented with some clonex in the aero cloner and seen a great improvement in rooting time for almost all strains so Ive been putting two capfuls of clonex in about 4-5 gallons of water.

take care

guerilla

guerilla415

RO water with a couple drops of H2O2 and maybe even a couple cups of sparkling mineral water (UNFLAVORED/NOT FLAVORED of course) will work well. the H2O2 will keep things nice and clean while the mineral water will add the much needed minerals that RO water usually lacks. i learned this from an old timer here years ago, i think i even get roots quicker with the sparkling water!

I personally use those two plus the clonex at about a half teaspoon per gallon with RO water and again have near 100% rooting, as long as healthy cuts go in, healthy c lones with nice healthy roots always come out. you dont even need to change your wate3r often, maybe every month or so.

best of luck

guerilla

Latest posts

Latest posts