What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Queens visit, gardai knocking on doors.

B

BOSCO

If you live along the route of the queens planned visit to Ireland expect to get a knock and talk from the gardai.

http://www.independent.ie/national-...-routes-planned-for-queens-visit-2625887.html

During an informal interview they are taking note of names, previous addresses, and the telephone numbers of the residents.

The move is part of a major security operation which has been put in place before the arrival of the queen from May 17 to 20.

Her itinerary includes trips to Aras an Uachtarain, the Garden of Remembrance and the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. She is also travelling to Kildare, Tipperary and Cork.

B

BOSCO

good-she'll not be within 200 miles of me--sweet
careful out there

Same here, but If I did live along the route I wouldn't be a happy camper for the cops to come knocking on my door asking who I was and my previous address ect.

Between the Queen and Obama it's costing the tax payer 25m....seems the government still has money to throw away, maybe they got a good price for used Anglo signs :)

N

ninja bud

They did get a good price. I bought the A , the h the o and the l shame there wasent an e to complete my description of the shower of bankers.

It does seem a bit excessive. You can't infringe someone's civil rights to protect someone else's.
I'm not a fan of royal families generally, I don't care if they are British, Dutch, Spanish etc.
In a modern liberal democracy the head of state should be there as a result of the democratic process. They're also a bit expensive.
I'd say the same even if we had an Irish royal family.
Having said that I'd hate to be a member of a royal family. It would be like living in a golden cage.
As a northerner though I can see the political importance of the Queen having a successful visit.
If she gets a good reception then it would tame the views of the wilder loyalists towards the south.
It would also hopefully indicate that the UK and the Republic now have put history behind them and are getting on with the usual things that two neighbouring countries do.
I suppose the Garda don't want a repeat of the aftermath of the "Love Ulster" parade on O'Connell Street.

iban

thanks for the info bosco, living close to the guinnes Storehouse... hope no many cosp knocking at my door...

M

McTonto

Between the Queen and Obama it's costing the tax payer 25m....seems the government still has money to throw away, maybe they got a good price for used Anglo signs :)

25 million for two heads of states of our biggest tourist targets isnt bad:2cents:

im hoping the duke treats us to some of his cringeful and hilarious jokes:jump:

I

igrohydro

Read about it,cheers BOSCO.
Some cheek,backround checks the heap,aparently a top provo was seen vidio'n her route,lol.Thats their excuse anyway.

laprecaun

thanks for info!

also be aware that all people working in english market cork may be subject to check as they need passes as queen suppose to visit place...

Latest posts

Latest posts