What's new

Not your average soil mix..or maybe it is

Are you referring to the bokashi bran or the fermented kitchen scraps?
Right now I have two bucket systems going for the kitchen scraps. When one is full I let it sit until the other is full than the first gets dumped in the compost. I do notice that area heats up more than the others.
ot

mad librettist

Veteran
Are you referring to the bokashi bran or the fermented kitchen scraps?
Right now I have two bucket systems going for the kitchen scraps. When one is full I let it sit until the other is full than the first gets dumped in the compost. I do notice that area heats up more than the others.
ot

ya just transfer the finished bokashi to a sealed bag, and let it keep going. If it's cold out it won't do much but be preserved.

Try to get it all over your pile, as it will cause surrounding material to heat up. I accidentally hit 140 in a worm bin like this.

stalevar

CaMg "balance" is a myth, just fyi

CaMg "balance" is a myth, just fyi

I've seen so many people on so many sites talking about the CaMg balance for soil. At least as many people swear by CaMg needing to be in a given ratio, as do people who believe taking the pH of their runoff when they water actually gives you an accurate idea of the soil's pH.

I won't sleep tonight if I let this slide anymore heh. pH of runoff water does not tell you your soil's pH. Calcium and Magnesium do not need to be in a balance with one another. Well... at least not beyond the obvious extent of excessive amounts of any nutrient is going to cause you problems with lockout of others, and/or resultant pH problems.

As long as you have both Ca and Mg in your soil, and your plant is able to uptake them (which has nothing to do with their ratio to one another) you're fine.

http://www.spectrumanalytic.com/support/library/ff/Ca_Mg_ratio.htm

Latest posts

Latest posts