What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre-Conditioning 6x6 Rw "Hugo" How-To

dune

Just writing this up for the inexperienced Rock wool users as i found through trial and error that a good flushed out block equals a healthy little plant.

Step1- Fill Res. full of water and Ph to 5.3, let the water settle for 15 minutes once Ph has been achieved.

Step 2- Check Ph again and measure the ppm of you water (Record down ur results and save, for conformation later).

Step 3- Place a wire rack over a 5 gallon bucket in a large sink or bath tub.

Step 4- Pour 1 gallon of Ph'd water into the Rw Block in a spiral motion starting from the center and working ur way out and repeating till you use all the water. ( pour slowly to ensure equal distribution throughout the cube).
> Wait 10 minutes to drain

Step 5-
Repeat step 4 and wait another 5-10 minutes. and empty ur 5 gallon bucket after the water has stopped dripping.

Step 6- Test the ph and ppm of 1/2 gallon of water and record these findings.

Step 7-
Pour the half gallon through the cube in the same spiral pattern and wait for the block to drain.

Step 8- Test Ph and PPM to check for large swings from your previous results. (i usually go for 5.6 ph and 10ppm more then what i started with) If not repeat step 7 and re test.

COMING SOON........ Conditioning you 6x6's :dance013: cheers- Dune

Last edited: