What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical grow lights

41hope

Is there such a thing as vertical bulbs? for HPS, CMH, & MH? is it the way you hang the bulb? Also do you know of the best bulbs for vertical growing 400w, 600w and 1000w? Best Socket and any other suggestions for growing vertically?
Truly appreciate your help!

SupraSPL

HTGsupply has 600 watt HPS with digital ballast and socket cord set for less than $200. They can be hung vertically. If you need to air cool it they have the same kit for $235 with a 6" cooltube included.

whodair

Veteran
hps bulbs burn in any position, metal halide are specific though they may be universal...mogul socket and cord, ballast and bulb and you've got the fixins for a pile of sticky !!

GoozMan

I'm glad this question came up. I'm switching to vert soon and wasn't sure if my current simple cheap HPS bulbs will cut it. I have the box for one and it says not to hang the bulb in such a way so as to redirect energy to the 'arc tube' and I'm not sure what that means.