What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goodbye Finland, Hello Spain...

sammakko

Hello Everybody,

I am a simple Finnish man who got enough of Finnish Babylonia and have left the cold and grey scandinavia and moved to the sunny south coast of España. Now looking for a proper home to my outside garden hobby and can't wait to put those seeds in... Hopefully in few weeks my garden is set for the spring.

I am a newbie with outside gardening and also newbie in España, so all feedback & tips will be appreciated. :tiphat:

Seeds ordered (Canna & Ace) and will start documenting a grow journal as soon as I get it started.

Peace and sun,

Señor Sammakko (rana or frog in finnish)

sammakko

Cheers Bear for your reply.

Now fem. seeds of Panama (Ace), Caribe (Canna) and Automaria (Paradise) have arrived. Wehey. Only my home is missing... Hopefully I find some nice Andalucian backyard / balcony to start the gardening soon. I chose to have females as just moved the country and time would otherwise ran out.

Back in Finland I did a few microgrows with a vertical scrog using 125w fluorescent, soil and Biobizz nutrients (rootjuice, grow, bloom, topmax and alg-a-mic). Which delivered nice smoke, but not enough grams for me ;)

Now, going to hunt some houses.

-sammakko-

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Samm you're in good hands here I guarantee it! We look forward to your posts, grow, and pix...DD

sammakko

Thanks Ticket and Doobie for your nice words.

Day by day, my decision to come here makes more and more sense. Day lenght today 11h09min,(getting longer more than 2min/day) and already warmth of 22C... Sweet.

I can feel the nature growing!

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
awww i want out of babylon uk !

love spain and spanish people and the three growing seasons a year,,,,

good for you bro :ying:

Thanks Ticket and Doobie for your nice words.

Day by day, my decision to come here makes more and more sense. Day lenght today 11h09min,(getting longer more than 2min/day) and already warmth of 22C... Sweet.

I can feel the nature growing!
I am jealous bro! Nice move, respect! :)

S

scoobie

Welcome to Spain amigo! you think its warm now ?? wait till august when you will be hiding from the sun !!!! Im up North so a bit cooler !!!!

Andyo

Veteran
I used to live in spain

I used to live in spain

I used to live and grow n spain,One thing is the water is not so good especially in south east ec 0.8 0.9 magnesium almost nutrient level
we managed but was always a problem.
electricity supply is usually no more than 15 amps.

On the good side property prices are rock bottom now ,so take your time .A

O

Omarios

Great warm spain...upper in the north is very cold.

Good Luck and have fun with the new life :)

sammakko

Thank you all amigos for couraging comments.

Sun is shining, no clouds, Cruzcampo (beer) in my hand and everybody smiles. This is a good and beautiful place to be!

Scoopie, I know it is going to be a lot warmer in july-august sector and especially then the terrawind kicks in... But as I have freezed my balls in Finland for many years, and also lived in the rainy southwestcoast of UK, I believe this is my place for now. :jump:

Andyo, you raised the issue with the water I have wondered, how's it going to be. So magnesium and prob calcium levels are high that I've heard. If anyone has any comments or fact please guide me. ;) Hopefully it is soon to be seen how the water issue can be tackled.

As for the electricity, my plans are for roofterrace growing, only mothers and babies inside. With fairly low watts. Electricity is also more expensive here compared to Finland, thou it is done more economically with renewable sources so I think it's just fair. Well done España.

Peace and Sun everybody!

Andyo

Veteran
hard water nutes

hard water nutes

You need to use hard water nutes if in hydro or perlite or coco. then your mag and calcium carbonate are taken into account n you wont have an excess i will try and find my hard water formula for you .
you can buy nitric acid for ph down from horticultural suppliers that supply the tomato growers also trace elements and potasium nitrate calcium nitrate MKP ect.A

S

scoobie

Omarios... the North of Spain is hardly, ¨very cold¨ my friend !!! Cooler than the South yes, warmer than the UK & Finland for sure !!!!!!

N

nukkumatti

hahaa keep the shit real there you little fucker! :D

Let me know when you get your own place bro.. ;)

SEXO y MARIJUANA!

Max Headroom

Veteran
wow, sammakko, you're living the dream!

while i'm not from as far north as you, i too have been daydreaming about moving to a quiet area in spain for a couple of years - to sit on the porch with a stack of books and a bag of doobage and watch a few plants grow gigantic in the sun. man that would be nice.

fuck the winter, i'm cold since november! ;)

let us know how your adventure goes!

PS: i read that personal grows seem to be legal in spain, is that true?

sammakko

Gracias evebody!

-Nukkumatti, my own place is now only negotiations away, so might be I'm popping seeds in jiffy at the weekend... Let's keep fingers crossed, I can start my grow journal soon. :watchplant:

-Max - it is true, that here 2-3 plants / habitat is cool for personal use... and here I think gardening is not as heavy crime as in Finland, even if you would have a bit more. Althought I haven't walked in to the local police station and asked. This is what people here talk. If anyone has a differing facts, I really like to hear them...

These local "uniform guys" have better things to do and bigger fish to catch. In Finland they don't have balls doing anything real, it is of course easier for them to tease gardeners than the real criminals.

-Sandnut, cheers for the link I belive Jorge is one great mastergardener. (earlier stated he is spanish, my bad - apologies...)

Days are sunny here and everyday temperature is at least 18C, nights around 11C. Most importantly days are getting longer...

Sexo y marihuana mis amigos!