What's new

Shot while ripping .

MJBadger

Veteran
I love to read about all the bad & painfull things that happen to Rippers , it cheers me up no end & as it`s the season to be merry i would like to hear of a few more :laughing: I have read a few threads where the American justice has placed a few bullets in the rippers direction . Karma :)

I had some problems this year with my outdoor plot but they left empty handed when the alarm tripped & i went out to welcome them .

Bet these guys wish they`d been elsewhere .
Elderly & partialy infirm farmer goes out in the dark on his little mobility scooter armed with a shotgun to blast the hell outa some foxes after his poultry , blasts away into the darkness at some noise only to shoot some ripper shi**s trying to break into a canna grow . Even the farmer was suprised to hear that cannabis was being grown in a building on his farm & is now looking at criminal charges against him for the shooting .
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20101217/tuk-farmer-accidentally-shot-burglars-6323e80.html

Stay safe all .

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Too funny. Yuo mention your alarm tripped and you went out... I'm curious to hear that story, if you feel up to it.

MJBadger

Veteran
Ripper detection

Ripper detection

Too funny. Yuo mention your alarm tripped and you went out... I'm curious to hear that story, if you feel up to it.

Wireless PIR Sensor .
Potential Rippers
Only 4hrs ago i posted about my alarm & just b4 midnight while i was sat down quite happily watching CSI it went off ! Funnily enough the dog never followed me but went in the opposite direction , got round my plot very quietly only to just hear a body moving through the vegetation a fair distance away & the other side of my ground the dog started barking up as she`d heard someone outside the grounds , 5mins this went on then i heard a couple of car doors shut . The shites that visited me had someone waiting in a car & off they went . My guess is there was more than one coz i reckon they spotted the red LED on the sensor & fooked off as fast as they can ( as good as these alarms are the LED really shows in darkness ) once the sensor picks them up . They never got to the plants . Bastards had cut through the boundry fence , amateur job style . It`s possible the shites had smelt them as minimes AKWWxDurban is pretty pokey . Certain measures have now been taken , sensor repositioned & some very nasty suprises left , wether they think better of coming again i don`t know but if they do their gonna leave claret & DNA behind & go home with some pretty bad scarring . Sorted fence out so it`s just a waiting game .
I could tell you about some trouble i had a few yr back & how it was sorted but i`d have all the pussys moaning at me about poor rippers rights , still at least treatment is free on the NHS so there is some compensation for getting sussed & torn to peices in pursuit of ill gotten gains .

I used to use trip wires on a 12g Alarm gun but realised that the 2 times they set them off they were gone . Now i like to meet any rippers that decide to rob me so that i can talk to them politely & persuade them not to return :laughing:
I found the Wireless alarms on a well known online auction site . The sensor is all cammoed up with cammo tape but needed a bit of height adjustment because the small Muntjac deer & foxes were setting it off , the recievers plugged in at home around 40yrd from my plot & have realised that if the red LED on the sensor is covered it cannot be detected especially in darkness .
It saved the rest of my plants this year & i will invest in another alarm so i have 2 out there next year .

Stay safe all .

Yggdrasil

do you have a link to the sensors? sound useful for next spring! Booby trap making's good wholesome fun, don't let anyone discourage you!

MJBadger

Veteran
do you have a link to the sensors? sound useful for next spring!

Thats the beauty of this system WIRELESS , i think it operates up to 400ft away provided there are not too many walls etc in the way . Sensor has a PP9 battery & the reciever goes straight into the mains via a 4.4V transformer supplied (can also be battery powered) . I don`t know what area the sensor covers but it has a fairly wide spread as i found out while testing it , it`s fairly easy to see as the red LED lights every time the sensor picks a heat source up . I only realised after this rip attempt that they must have spotted the LED in the darkness & scarpered , thats why i will cover the LED in future as i would really like to meet them unexpected like if they foolishly come back in the future .
I believe i have a right to meter out punishment to anybody thats comes through my fence with theft in mind , i had some trouble a few year ago & the rippers will never come back as i left them with permanent markings to remind them of their foolishness .
Maybe rippers feel a bit safer in the UK as we have no constitutional right to bear arms , still needs must .

MJBadger

Veteran

do you have a link to the sensors? sound useful for next spring! Booby trap making's good wholesome fun, don't let anyone discourage you!

I must have been well out of it :laughing:
From Ebay . Wireless shed stable security .
It`s a bit different to the link Midnight put up , green colour slim rectangular sensor slightly coffin shaped , cammied with tape & placed in an cammied ice cream container & virtually undetectable wired on a tree with some of the braches trimmed back so the sensor could cover my plants . It earned it`s keep :)

Booby trapping caused a bit of comment on another thread i reguarly post in , mixed feelings but i consider any person that breaks my fencing to steal anything of mine (& i rate rippers very high in that category) fair game for a bit of education :biglaugh:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Booby trapping caused a bit of comment on another thread i reguarly post in , mixed feelings but i consider any person that breaks my fencing to steal anything of mine (& i rate rippers very high in that category) fair game for a bit of education :biglaugh:

If someone gets hurt in the process of trying to hurt someone else, fuck 'em.

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
We use to make landmines out of spent shotgun shells. Just pop in a new magnum primer and use the empty cases. The noise will make em chit themselves every time. Or if you need to mine a road just dump out all the shot. The powder alone won't even blow a tire but it sounds like being shot at from inside the car when they drive over it.

MrBlue2

Bad things happening to rippers is indeed very entertaining and pleasing to read about. here is some of what i have found. these are all off the ********* website in the california section (except for the ones i added at the end). there are also pictures, names and addresses of some confirmed rippers, as well as rewards for info on some rippers. here it is:

Two suspects arraigned in marijuana theft
By KATY SWEENY-Staff Writer
Posted: 10/07/2010 12:23:54 AM PDT

OROVILLE — Two men accused of stealing marijuana at gunpoint appeared in court Wednesday and asked through an interpreter for court-appointed attorneys.

Ramon Garcia Cornejo, 27, and Jose Rios Magana, 22, will return to court 8:35 a.m. Tuesday on charges of second-degree burglary with a special allegation of using a firearm and receiving stolen property. Rios is also charged with evading an officer causing injury.

They and two other men are suspected of stealing marijuana Friday night on the 800 block of Swedes Flat Road, driving from the scene, causing a traffic collision and running from the crash. Three people in the other car were injured and taken to local hospitals for treatment.

Deputies found 25 pounds of marijuana in the car Garcia, Rios and the other two men fled from.

California Highway Patrol officers arrested Garcia and Rios Saturday after a citizen reported seeing four men near the Bangor Store who matched the description of those involved in the pot robbery and car crash the night before. Both are in custody at the Butte County Jail. Judge William Lamb said bail would be subject to review to ensure it’s not obtained illegally.

Also,

Teen suspected of taking part in marijuana-garden robbery dies of gunshot wound

Staff reports • September 21, 2010

A 17-year-old shot while reportedly taking part in a Sept. 14 robbery at a legal-marijuana garden died Monday, the Tulare County Sheriff’s Department reported.

The boy’s name and the nature of his injuries were not disclosed in a release.

Two men were arrested Monday on charges of robbery and kidnapping in connection with the crime, which is believed to have been gang-related. The suspects were identified as Gustavo Gonzalez, 21, of Porterville and Jorge Mendoza, 31, of Poplar.

A fourth person believed to have taken part in the Lindsay-area crime, Carlos “Chucks” Hernandez, remains at large, officials said.

According to the release, the robbery occurred at 11:26 p.m. at Road 244 and Avenue 216. Detectives called to the scene of the shooting found the wounded 17-year-old and the other suspects, all of whom were armed with handguns, officials said.

The robbers reportedly fled the marijuana garden with stolen marijuana and were confronted by an armed neighbor, Geoustin Craven. The juvenile grabbed Craven, 21, and was shot with a single bullet, according to the release.

The operators of the marijuana garden were identified as Jacinto Gomez, 21, and Justin Jolly, 22. Gomez suffered an abrasion to his elbow during the incident, officials said.

And

Shooting After Marijuana Theft
Posted: Sep 13, 2010 10:44 PM PDT Updated: Sep 13, 2010 10:50 PM PDT

Shooting After Marijuana Theft

Fresno – Gunfire again breaks out after thieves try to steal pot from a medical marijuana grow, this time near a home in the 400 block of Dunn Avenue in southwest Fresno.

Police are still looking for three young men, who nearly got away with a van full of stolen marijuana plants.

They hopped the fence of a backyard, uprooted dozens of marijuana plants, and loaded them into their van.

But before they could get away with the crime – gunfire from another car.

Neighbors in the area saw it all.

“Me and this lady was right here and they started shooting, so we dived down behind my fence,” said James Harris, a neighbor.

After the shooting stopped, he says he took action.

“I called the police because they’re shooting up and down the street, I have kids, I have 2 kids,” said Harris.

The van crashed into a pole near Thorne and Dunn Avenues, just down the street from the marijuana grow.

Police say three men in the van jumped out, and ran away, leaving their stolen stash behind.

“Inside that vehicle officers found several marijuana plants,” said Sgt. Clayton Smith with the Fresno Police Department.

Police say someone connected to the marijuana grow began chased the men and opened fire on them.

No one was hurt.

Police are still investigating whether anyone will face criminal charges for this shooting.

A similar incident happened last Wednesday near Roeding Park.

40-year-old Stanley Wallace was shot after trying to steal marijuana growing in a backyard.

He later died; the man who shot him, may now face murder charges.

Police now have this warning for the public.

“If they come across a legal marijuana grow, get a hold of law enforcement and let us investigate whether or not they’re in compliance with the laws, forward it to the narcotics unit, and let them decipher it,” said Sgt. Smith.

Police say at this point, it does appear that the marijuana garden on Dunn Avenue is legal.

They say the people growing the plants did have the proper medical clearance to grow medical marijuana.

And,

Funny fucking story, so this guy named devin called me to go deliver a 1/2 lb to him. me and my partner went to deliver the package and he was sketched out by me having more than myself there, so than he didn’t wanna do the deal he wanted it to be discreet. So i said i would walk away from my partner to go see him and than after i met him he was really nervous but so was i so i didn’t think anything of it and than when i brought the medicine over he looked at it and said ok its this much right? and i said yes and he pulled out mace and tried to mace be but he didn’t know how to use it hahahahahaha so i reacted and just punched him in the face and as he was falling back he grabbed the bag of pot and tried taking off with it. I kept up with him until he threw the bag behind him trying to hit me and i grabbed him and pulled him to the ground and beat his ass. so there is no need to watch out for this guy because he doesn’t even know how to rob someone the right way. oh and when i asked him why he did it after i got him down he said someone told him to do it. and what was wierd was he was a legit patient just a thief. be careful.

More from other websites:

LINDSAY, Calif. -- The father was clearly worried. Behind him, his son was tossing medical marijuana plants into a truck -- part of a hasty move out of this small farm town after a deadly shooting.

On a mid-September night about 11:30 p.m., Robert Craven had gotten a call from his son, who lives a half-mile away down a country road. The son said his neighbors, who also grew medical marijuana, were being robbed. There were four gunmen.

"I flew over there locked and loaded, there was already an ambulance coming down the road," said Craven, 45, a pig farmer and Little League coach.

The son had gone next door armed with a handgun. One of the gunmen grabbed him from behind and the son fired over his shoulder, according to police reports. Authorities deemed the shooting self-defense. He killed a 17-year-old suspected gang member.

Now he's on the run from threats of retaliation.

It's harvest season in California's Central Valley, and that includes medical marijuana. Pot-growing used to be more the domain of free-thinking, freely-puffing places such as Humboldt County along the state's northern coast. But in recent years, with some legal cover, this conservative, agricultural valley has sprouted a new favorite crop and a new crop of troubles.

"There's so much of it that we can't even get a handle on the quantity," said Capt. Jose Flores of the Fresno County Sheriff's Department.

"We're the No. 1 agricultural valley in the world. Then you add this recession where there are people who know how to grow things who are desperate to augment their livelihood, unclear laws that allow growing marijuana, doctors who will write a prescription for anything, and for the past three years it's been open season on marijuana-growing in our rural setting," he said.

Medical marijuana cards might shield growers from law enforcement, but not from robbery. In September in the Central Valley, there were at least five confrontations with growers, two of them fatal. In one Fresno incident, a woman in her 70s used a machete to ward off two thieves. One of the thieves fired a round that wounded an 82-year-old man who lived in the home.

Citing the Valley violence, Fresno County's Board of Supervisors on Sept. 14 passed an emergency ban on outdoor medical marijuana cultivation.

In the Lindsay shooting, police arrested two men on suspicion of robbery and kidnapping. A third is wanted for questioning.

Craven thought medical marijuana cards protected his 22-year-old son and his son's friends. They all had plants, they all had prescriptions (his son's was for migraine headaches). Craven didn't much like their pot-smoking, but they were grown men and he'd been most worried about them getting in trouble with the law. He hadn't thought of robbers.

"I mean, why that house?" he said. "You're going to have trouble finding a place around here that doesn't have a grow."

Across the street, Maria Sanchez, a grandmother, had a medical card. Her squat, showy pot plant grew among her rose bushes.

"I don't smoke it. I use it in tea. I use the leaves and just a tiny bit of bud. I have really bad arthritis," she said.

Her son, Socorro Sanchez, 31, also had a prescription and his own plants.

"I make edibles," he said. "You make marijuana butter and when a recipe calls for oil you replace it with the butter. It's for my epilepsy."

Around the bend, behind a two-story barn-style home was at least a half-acre of marijuana in a partly open shed next to fields of pumpkins, flowers, tomatoes, corn, jalapenos and cilantro.

Up and down country roads near Lindsay, at the base of the Sierra foothills in Tulare County, a soft breeze carried the distinctive odor of budding marijuana plants. Tulare County requires marijuana to be cultivated within a protective structure, but this seems to be often loosely interpreted as arbors or hedges. It's easier and cheaper to grow marijuana outside in the sunshine.

In Fresno, at an outdoor marijuana garden next to Brown's Floral and across the street from the city's oldest park, the scent was even stronger.

Ten-foot-tall plants were easily visible over a ragged wooden fence. A posted sign with a drawing of a gun read: "Never mind the dog. Beware of owner."

"When the wind kicks up, boy do you smell it then," said Reuben Tolentino, who works in the flower shop. "On breezy days we used to say, 'Smells likes trouble.'"

Trouble came Sept. 8 when their neighbor Phayvahn Dydouangphan, 47, shot 40-year-old Stanley Wallace, who later died.

Police say Dydouangphan heard his dogs bark about 6:30 a.m. and found six or seven men in his yard, uprooting plants. He fired a shotgun at them. As they tried to drive away, he fired again, hitting Wallace in the head. Dydouangphan will stand trial on a murder charge.

"I don't know how you could not have known something like this was going to happen," said 70-year-old flower shop owner Donna Brown. "It was like someone put candy in my driveway and told all the kids, 'It's not for you.'"

Richard Hanni, a 49-year-old homeless man who does chores around the shop, said the marijuana garden next-door is atrocious.

"Now, last year, they had a real nice-looking garden. Mostly pumpkins. People did steal a few pumpkins. But the difference is they knew how to grow those right and no one got killed."

And,

Medical Marijuana Involved in Shooting Death
By The Bay City News on June 15, 2010
An Oakland man was arrested yesterday and charged in the shooting death of former USF basketball
player Hyman Taylor, Jr., 23, who was found dead in the parking lot of Ikea in Emeryville one week
ago. Police have charged Cassidy O'Connor, 20, in the shooting, which they believe occurred during
an attempted robbery gone awry. Police say Taylor and three others were meeting a medical
marijuana dealer in the parking lot and planned to steal the drug. But the dealer was being guarded
by an armed man, who hid in bushes near by and fired on the would-be robbers. O’Connor is being charged with homicide because of his alleged involvement in a crime that led to someone’s death, an
Alameda prosecutor said. Taylor, of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., was a 6-foot-9-inch, 245-pound center
who last played for the USF basketball team in the 2008-09 season. A USF spokesman said that
Taylor had been pursuing a degree in sociology but never graduated.

and,

Suspect killed in shootout during home-invasion robbery in Antioch
Husband-and-wife homeowners in critical condition
By Matthias Gafni and Paul Burgarino / Contra Costa Times / 06/08/2010
ANTIOCH — A botched home-invasion robbery apparently targeting a marijuana grow early
Tuesday left a 15-year-old suspect dead and a husband and wife critically injured after shots were
fired, police said. The injured husband, who shot and killed one teenage intruder, managed to hold
another 17-year-old at gunpoint until police arrived to the house…..Two small children at home at
the time of the robbery were uninjured……SWAT officers and search dogs conducted a yard-byyard search for the missing third suspect, who they believe escaped out the rear window after
possibly being wounded. A blood trail was seen near the window, Cantando said, but it was
unknown whether the suspect might have received his wounds from a bullet or during the
scuffle……Police are investigating whether the homeowners had medical marijuana licenses, and it
was unclear how many plants were inside the house, Cantando said. Two bedrooms were set up for marijuana grows, but only one room had plants, he said……Residential marijuana grows and
accompanying violence are on the rise in Antioch, said police Lt. Leonard Orman. "I think there is
more marijuana out there to be stolen and with some of the loosening of laws, more people are
growing it and there's more opportunity," he said. "A marijuana grower is seen as an easier mark
than someone dealing meth or cocaine." Many thieves believe marijuana growers are less likely to
be armed or concerned about security, Orman said. Most of the marijuana operations Antioch police
come across are run by medicinal card holders, with small grows that are in the "ballpark" of allotted
amounts. But they also come across illegal grows, which often include crudely rigged electrical
units that can lead to fires — there have been two marijuana-related structure fires this year in
Antioch. With the increase in grows comes an increase in opportunists, the lieutenant said. "It's a
lot of money," Orman said, "and a lot of money to lose with these grows."

MJBadger

Veteran
Thankyou MrBlue . In the US where people can legally have firearms after the correct permits are obtained i am not suprised that serious injuries or death do happen . I have no sympathy at all for the rippers , they are the ones that take the risk when they decide to tresspass in the pursuit of theft .
In the UK we are all at risk of prosecution if we as much as kick em in the arse & god forbid they get bitten by the dog , we have NO RIGHT TO PROTECT our properties . It`s a case of phoning for the Police after you have been beaten/stabbed . Still sometimes it all goes right .

I won`t admit to anything for obvious reasons so we will look at it as a third party`s solution to a problem that occured .
There was this fella that had some shites visit his plot after getting over a fence & followed the only easier access made by some foxes through the low hawthorn & heavy bramble , kind of a 20ft tunnel about 3ft high . When they came to the edge of the grow plot the nearest plant apparently was a big biddy about 6ft with a stem about 1 1/4in thick , now this biddy had it`s stem smashed back & forth till it broke & it was dragged away . It must have been like a 20ft sign to the grower saying "We have been here" .
Now this really pissed the grower off so he used all his old poaching skills & thought about spring loaded traps to catch the animals he used to poach & had an idea & dragged himself into this bramble tunnel & realised just how dark it was in there so he got to work . First off he got some ring shank nails like they use to make pallets with & put 2 sides of the nail to a grindstone to make 2in spears with rings on them & tested one in a handle with a ferrule on it used for drills , the little spear went straight through a turkey bone with a bit of pressure . These nails were hammered in a 2ft feather edge board .
Next job was a bit more difficult but a thick pair of gloves & a bit of sense helped with the 16ft of razor wire coil . Basically he cut the bramble along one side of the tunnel & hung them all down on the opposite side ,removed some of the veg to allow the coil to fit in then came the difficult part of fixing the cammo sprayed razor wire to the roof of the tunnel , this was done by lifting the wire with a branch under the coil jamming 1 end in the wall of the tunnel then secure with some soft wire twists to hold it up in the upper stalks them 4 thin metal rods with a little hole drilled in the flattened end & thin garden wire attached were slid through the razor wire coil & slid onto the tops of thin branches, the wire twists were then cut & the whole lot stayed in place , apparently this was done wearing protective clothing/goggles in case it went wrong . The cut brambles were then lifted back across the bottom of the wire coil & just held in place with some cotton . In the poor light the coil could`nt be seen so the wires were carefully attached to the board that was placed about 6ft feet short of the tunnel exit at around 30* angle & the wires adjusted so they were as tight as could be when fixed to the board . The board was covered with leaves & on the next visit the board was either trod on by a shuffling person or a hand or knee but the action pulled the board a fair distance no doubt attached to some poor sod . 1in of movement of the metal rods & the whole coil dropped down on the unwelcome visitors trapped in a little tunnel . Now judging by the amount of claret left at the scene it apparently looked like a slaughterhouse & the claret trail went all the way back & up over the fence . In fact the car that took them away must have been a bastard to clean . 2hrs later he`s at the local hospital waiting for a couple of stitched up peoples to emerge a few hours later with razor torn clothing & told them in no uncertain terms that because their identity was now known by the grower any repercussions from rippers/police or any other means would result in the shites being hunted down as they were often in the local town , they were also told exactly what would happen to them . They never appeared again but are now known for the scars they carry . Justice done .

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
as i clap that the rippers were shot.. Also my sister lives one state over and told me recently by her house some fucks went into a small pharmacy and held it up at gun point. Obviously looking for meds but while doing it shot an elderly man and bashed his head with the gun.. then split with nothing cops were on the way and ended up in a shoot out with said fucks.. in the end two robbers DEAD!!!! claps again.. what a good ending to that... So i have no sympathy for people who steal from others... peace n puffs..

sacKO

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought it was Illegal to use deadly force unless you where threaten with same such force? I know not all states have the same laws. I know if someone is in your backyard and you shoot them your in for some serious time.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
if you shoot them while fleeing your in trouble, which was the case with that man that shot the guy who was robbing his neighbor he followed the guy.. Now if he is approaching you, you have the right to think he may harm you and POW shoot his arse.. Is how i take it. idk i may be wrong any po po here to say different? LMFAO!!! peace n pufs..

sacKO

zenoonez

Veteran
I thought it was Illegal to use deadly force unless you where threaten with same such force? I know not all states have the same laws. I know if someone is in your backyard and you shoot them your in for some serious time.

You are right, it depends on the state, some states yes you would be in trouble in some if they are in your back yard and threaten you with violence you are free and clear to use deadly force.