What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant turning yellow, stagnant growth

pomarXa

Hello!

I'm having problems with my plant. It's turning yellow and the growth is stagnant. I think the problem was soaking wet soil. I've bought the soil and left it in my car over night. It was really cold outside and when I brought the soil inside it was soaking wet. Could that affect the soil moisture or do the companies sell us soaking wet soil :D ?

Newbie mistake: put the seedlings into that soil.

Anyways, I've checked that guide for sick plants and it looks like it may be N deficiency due to the amount of water in the soil. It has been three weeks now, and the soil feels only moist. So that's OK now.

Here are the pictures:

47853672.gif

89562399.gif

And more info about my growing:

How long has this problem been going on?
-- second week now

What STRAIN are you growing?
-- Barney's Farm LSD

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
-- seed

What is the age of your plants?
-- about three weeks

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
-- 14 days, but they have grown from peat pellets

How Tall are the plants?
-- about 11 cm

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
-- vegetative

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
-- nothing in particular yet

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
-- height: 18cm(7.1 in), diameter: 22cm(8.7 in)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
-- I'm using soil mixture. The declaration states:
60% peat
30% humus
10% perlite
ph 5-6
200-500 mg/l N
200-500 mg/l P(2)O(5)
300-1000 mg/l K(2)0
100-200 mg/l MgO

What Nutrient's are you using?
-- Nothing yet. Only yesterday I tried adding some Hesi Tnt Complex, because the plants look (imo) like they lack some nitrogen

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
-- It states that I should add 50ml of Tnt Complex per L, but I've added 20ml per L

How often are you feeding?
-- first time yesterday (few tea spoons)

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
-- not folowering yet

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
-- don't know

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
-- the declaration of soil mix states: 5-6

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
-- Nothing yet, because I havent watered them yet. The soil was wet from the beginning.

How often are you watering?
-- I havent watered them yet. The soil was wet from the beginning.

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
-- first time yesterday

What size bulb are you using?
--150w hps

What is the distance to the canopy?
-- enough, about 20 cm (i'm using cooltube)

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
-- Depends on the day. At the moment it states 15, but it raises to 30 sometimes.

What is the canopy temperature?
-- depends on the room temperature. Avg is arround 28°C

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
-- 23 to 30°C

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
-- I'm not using any carbon filter yet, so air flow is OK.

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
-- 10 passive 5cm(1.97 in) diamater intakes, and one 12(4.73 in) cm pc fan @ 12V for exhaust.

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
-- currently there is one fan blowing on the plant

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
-- The soil was very wet from the beginning, and I haven't watered the plant for three weks. The soil is moist at the moment.

Is your water HARD or SOFT?
-- not sure about that.

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
-- tap water. I leave the water in plastic bottles.

Are you using water from a water softener?
-- no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
-- no

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
-- no

Are plant's infected with pest's?
-- no

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
pomarXa

dasher65

Geez...dunno mate. They look like either they need a good feed 'cause it looks like nitrogen deficiency or the roots are rotting 'cause of the peat. PH might be out of whack too. Poor baby looks sick though!!!

pomarXa

No the roots are OK.
Today I have transplated them from those larger pots (I was really carefull not to break the roots) and the roots looked healthy.
The reason for transplatnig was so I could check the moisture of the soil ... it's not soaking wet like 3 weeks before :) and so that i could monitor the growth more thoroughly.

TriqueHome

Looks to me like nitrogen deficiency due to overwatering. Cut back on the watering schedule and use the same amount of nutes. Let her dry up before you water again. Even though the surface of the soil is bone dry, there is still good moisture down below. Don't water just because the very top is dry.

pomarXa

I haven't watered it for 3 weeks, because the soil was wet when I bought it. As I said, I've transplanted them to the pot you can see on the picture. As I did that, I checked the soil and it's moist now(as it should be), not wet like 3 weeks before.

When I transplanted them I watered them with few teaspoons of water with half the dose of Hesi TnT Complex as suggested (It's containt nitrogen).

junior_grower

well make sure there is a good amount of drainage holes in the new pot. Add 25% nutes with a high N count and cross your fingers thats a small plant to undergo this much stress.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I know you said you transplanted already, but for future reference, never use a clear plastic container...roots don't like light--:tiphat:

pomarXa

well make sure there is a good amount of drainage holes in the new pot. Add 25% nutes with a high N count and cross your fingers thats a small plant to undergo this much stress.

There are stones on the bottom of the pot and drainage holes. And that small pot is just temporary ..
I didn't said i added 25% nutes. I said I added 25 mililiters of nutes per one Liter of water. That's like 2.5 % of nutes.

I know you said you transplanted already, but for future reference, never use a clear plastic container...roots don't like light--:tiphat:

I know they don't like light, that's why I wrapped that containter with light reflecting foil. I took it of, just for photoshooting :)

Latest posts

Latest posts