What's new

Should have cloned it

goldenahms

I'm the type of grower that grows straight from seed, all of the time. I have cloned strictly to share, but not to fill a garden.

This thread is about that gem, the diamond in the rough, you wish you would have cloned.

For me, it would have been the elusive cherry AK-47 phenotype I got from a batch of Nirvana's AK-48. Truly a spectacular plant. Smelt of tart cherries and had a great sativa high. I don't know if it was simply the symbiosis I felt from something I had nurtured, but it was by far some of the best smoke I've experienced.

Should have cloned it..

Momerath

Last year a Purple Big Bud x Snowcap rescued from a friend. Made hard as rocks purple goopy buds that stank of grape gasoline...

Should have cloned it...

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
The first Nirvana White Widow plant I ever grew...

2831PIC-078web.jpg

brer

Should have cloned that smelly chemhaze ..
Thankfully i have a less smelly version in chemdog .
:laughing:
At Reservoir,"We Never Stop Growing,and Neither Should You."

S

stickey fingers

SAD LOSS

SAD LOSS

after 2 years and 4 packs of dsd, the best plant of all was lost, i briefly singled her out and before i relized what i had she was gone ! many of the phenos were all good 8.0 , she was unbeliveble a soild 9.5 only to be lost fore ever ! i saved 1 seed out of 4 packs left that i just started,and she is female and looks great ! so all is not a loss

SPECIAL THANKS, GRAPEVINE SEEDS,CGS, REZ,GOOD KARAMA COLLECTIVE
RIP DR JAY

goldenahms

That is a happy ending stickey fingers. Don't be too sad, at least you had he chance to grow her out and enjoy the fuits of your labor.

I'm liking the way that stickyberry is looking. Was there a reason he crossed it with the AK?

There's really something about the first plant you grow just right, isn't there Calcio? Can't go wrong with WW either. Looks good from here

Anything haze is definitely worth a save.

I've found that Big Bud is such a vigourus plant. When crossed with something to bump the potency, paired with the heftiness of the BB, you usually always get something memorable. I've grown out a full garden of NL#5xBB. The yield was ridiculously large and almost unexpected, plus the potency made it something I would grow again.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Stickyberry it's self was a bagseed x AK47 (cherry pheno), then he had a AK47 male a few years later that kept throwing pistols out like a male hermy, so he decided to use him and make a few seeds for fun. He lost that male or i would be begging more seeds, actually i would want cuts of both mother and father :smoke:

goldenahms

Wow, what a cool backstory. The things you find in bag seed, sometimes remarkable. Knowing that cross was made with a cherry pheno AK-47 truly makes it a gem. That's by far the most sought after pheno of that strain. Makes my mouth water just thinking of what that stickyberry x AK was like. Should have cloned it..

Nice! I appreciate those photos Cannatopia. Man, those are frosty nuggets! Was that something you aquired from a specific breeder?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
So... next time you guys get a plant that you wish you would've cloned... why not keep it and revert it to vegetative growth for another round?

Leave some larf and a couple of fan leaves on the main stalk and harvest the rest. Repot the plant and remove maybe 1/4 of the rootmass during this process. Put her back under 18/6 and wait a month or less and she should start throwing out vegetative growth. Might be a little mutant-looking for a few weeks but she'll come back.

goldenahms

Re-vegging is just not for me. If it's something very special, I'd probably just clone it. Sometimes you just never know until you smoke it, and then it's too late. All that left is a smokey memory, but that's great if you do it that way. I have a friend who continually harvested from the same plant, outdoors.

HAGs, that actually sounds like a great cross. I'll check out that thread. I'm pretty interested on the outcome.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
reveg cuttings guys, by half to 3/4 of the way through you should know if something looks promising.

1. dont be anal about cutting all of the small lower branches off plants.
2. take cutting from bottom branches - the ones with the smallest buds on and some leaf.
3. they take longer to root but usually do fine. try not to get the bud bit too wet if you mist your cuttings.

ive never had to reveg a plant because taking cuttings like this has saved a few gems for me.

VG

S

stickey fingers

i left leaves and ran 24, it was still in shock from harvest and died
RIP "keeper DSD"

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you want to reveg then it is much better to trim the rootball (saw the sides off with a breadknife ! ) repot in some new soil, not too strong, in a smaller pot. leave some green leafs and some small buds on the top.

WelderDan

Veteran
picture.php

Shoulda cloned this one. Hash Plant x C99. Hashy citrous taste, hit you like a hammer to the head. It made lightweights turn pale after two hits and even seasoned smokers say "no more for me" after half a joint.

Stupefying stone with a heady component. Taste was nothing special, but damn it was potent.

if you want to reveg then it is much better to trim the rootball (saw the sides off with a breadknife ! ) repot in some new soil, not too strong, in a smaller pot. leave some green leafs and some small buds on the top.

Excactly how I do it an it works great. I've saved some greet ones that way. I've only ever lost one but I think that was due to cold temps, it just stalled. I finally just got rid of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts