What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 2010 Halloween Pumpkin Carving Thread

WasntMe

:pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin: :pumpkin: :pumpkin::pumpkin::pumpkin: :pumpkin:

This thread is for any and all that will be joining me in the fun of Carving Pumpkins this year.

The Pumpkin Challenge
Scary, cute, pirate, or mutt
Vomiting baby, even a two cheeked butt.

Pull out your scrapper, knife and drill
And carve us up a trick or treat thrill

Death star, wizard, dragon or robot
Get stoned, creative and show us what you got
-WasntMe 2010

But whether you are painting, carving or even sculpting share them with us and show us your before and after pics if you can.

Feel free to add any tips and tricks that you have learned over the years.

i.e. 1. To help extend the life of your pumpkin spread a thin coat of Vaseline over the exposed flesh. It will help hold in the moisture & give you more time with Jack before he rots.

Happy Carving everyone!!

Jack_Skellington_Pumpkin_by_snerk.jpg

WasntMe

none of those above are my carvings... just inspiration pics so far. I am not great at it but I still have fun doing it. I picked up a few pumpkins today so I can carve this weekend. will be posting some before and afters of mine in a couple of days. I'll find some pics of ones I did in the past when I find them.

J

juicepuddle

I am waiting another week to carve, if I can ill post up pix, chances are it wont be anything close to the nightmare before christmas pumpkin haha, more like a smiley face or something :p

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I saw some crazy carved pumpkins in a grow magazine, the one that has jack nickolson on the cover....

WasntMe

Hey everyone,

I started to carve a couple of pumpkins today, I still have a few more to do but here are some pics... hope you enjoy.

before:

after:

more to come in a few days.

:D

WasntMe

So here are the ones I carved:

The Pirate ship (my version of The Black Pearl) and Jack Skellington are my favs but the "Howl at Moon" was probably the technically hardest one and the one that people took pictures of the most.

I hope yours came out good and you guys had fun with them.....

anyone else with pics?

Scrogerman

Veteran
I'll upload my 11 year olds Pumpkin Head pic tommoro, on this post. I thought his Mum did it but no he did it all by himself, exellent bit of carving up for an 11 year old, nasty faces! ;)()

btw wasntme, exellent work, really smart bit of carving! A1!!!

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
So here are the ones I carved:

The Pirate ship (my version of The Black Pearl) and Jack Skellington are my favs but the "Howl at Moon" was probably the technically hardest one and the one that people took pictures of the most.

I hope yours came out good and you guys had fun with them.....

anyone else with pics?

ive already seen that carved ship pumpkin on a website years ago, and your saying you did that?........

G

Guest3498

I saw some crazy carved pumpkins in a grow magazine, the one that has jack nickolson on the cover....

I've got that one too, Rosebud magazine. Lots of AN advertisements but some good articles as well... those pumpkins really were amazing...

WasntMe

ive already seen that carved ship pumpkin on a website years ago, and your saying you did that?........

Hey Krunchbubble,
Yeah I did manage to do that ship this year, I'm pretty proud of it ... cutting out the ripped sails really tried my patients. There was a stencil out there, around the time of Pirates of the Caribbean Movies that looks very similar to this that I used for my inspiration .. a couple of my own small mods hence why I call it my version of the Black Pearl. This ship and Jack ended up being my favorites this year. Hope you liked it.
-WasntMe

Thanks for stopping in Bird.
The eye shape with the big vampire grin on that one is fun! Hope you guys enjoyed carving your version.

BrainSellz & Scrogerman..
Thanks for the positive feed back. I certainly don't think I'm an artist at it, I'll save that for the guys that can 3D sculpt .. to me, that is amazing. I am glad you enjoyed them though and I do feel like I have been getting better over the years... The Howling wolf was defiantly the hardest I ever did and really tried my saw skills ... this one also got the most camera attention from my neighbors.

Scrogerman, (I'm sure) We would all love to see your kids carving .. I know I would. Kids have the best imagination with this type of stuff, it's always amazing seeing what they come up with.

B4O2N0G

Hey really enjoy the carvings,here are a few I did this year,The headless horsemen and jack the cannabis king