What's new

Co2 advice needed

D

DickDasterdly

So I have been growing about 2 years, and have 9 grows under my belt. I began supplementing with bottled Co2 a few grows back and cant find a clear answer to whether or not to purge the room. My room was totally sealed, with a vented 1k light picking up air outside the room,and exhausting outside the room. I have a 450cfm attached to a carbon filter scrubbing the air. My flower room is 7.5x7.5x7.5 I have a 4'x4' tray. So I have read advice both ways. Right now, I disperse C02 every 3 hours, at 2lbs for 22minutes. Every 3 hours, right before C02 disperses, I have an exhaust fan purge the room for 10 minutes, with a passive intake vent in the ceiling, with the thought that as C02 is heavier then air, it wont passively leak out of the ceiling as easy as the floor. My best yeild so far has been .7g per W, and so I am working my way thru different issues to fine tune them. Understanding of course there are multiple things that could effect this. This is my first post on this site, but have posted several grow logs on a different site. On another note, I cant seem to figure out how to post my own avavtar. Is it possible? All comments are welcome.

Marshall

Most will agree that as long as you have your environment in check (temps, humidity, co2) there is no reason to exhaust the room. I have run sealed rooms with AC, Co2, and DH, and never purged the room

Are you exhausting the room to cool it? If so you dont have much choice unless you get AC

D

DickDasterdly

Most will agree that as long as you have your environment in check (temps, humidity, co2) there is no reason to exhaust the room. I have run sealed rooms with AC, Co2, and DH, and never purged the room

Are you exhausting the room to cool it? If so you dont have much choice unless you get AC

Not at all. I had read that the air will get "stale" and you should exhaust. I run 76-84 degrees during the summer, and the RH runs appx 45%-55% in a 24 hour period. I had no issues with temps, as I have a dedicated ac to the room, as well as a dehumidify-er. Thanks for the answer. I will reseal and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Latest posts