What's new

Mini DWC, Question about a controller bucket.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
OKay, wanted to play around with a mini DWC SOG.
The problem is the bucket i want to use wont be able to have 25 seperate spots to connect tp every bucket individually from the controller.

Would it be possible to connect all the buckets together with the hosing, and leave one bucket empty ( controller bucket) and monitor the levels of water and fill this bucket to control them all ?

I cant think of a reason why this wouldnt work, but im sure there is a reason people use controller buckets and those buckets have multiple hoses going out to all the buckets.

This wont be a recirculating system, just a simple DWC, with a controller bucket so i dont have to access all the buckets to change and or add water.

Really need some advice on this one. Thanks

bendoslendo

I can't see why this wouldn't work as long as the nutrients are mixed before going into the system and you have an air stone in each bucket.

Are you talking about linking them all together in a linear series? In any case consider the time it would take to drain/fill this type of system, especially if your hose is relatively small compared to rez size.

Also consider the placement of your connecting hose, will their placement allow too much old solution to remain in the systems after being drained?

Tell us more, I'm a bit confused about your actual plans. How many buckets will you have, how many pants per bucket?

Sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Just may require some thinking or some trial and error.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
After looking more into the controller buckets, i see that the actual fittings for the return lines are only per row, not per bucket.

So i might actually be able to make a controller bucket with 5 return lines, instead of 25 like i believed i would need.

Thanks !!

Latest posts

Latest posts