What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Air Exchange Question.

In re-designing, I still need to nail down one minor detail:

I have a 3.5' x 5.5' x 7' tent (roughly 150 CF) with 2x4 tray in it.
In this I have a dayton blower, and a can 2600 scrubber. Normally, I have the blower pulling through the filter and exhausting out the tent.
I have been considering, based on the recommendations of a few here and other research, to NOT exhaust the blower, and just have it recirc inside the tent (as to not exhaust the cool air I have going in via a 4" inline duct booster).

My question: will this recirc method provide enough air exchange inside the tent with nothing being exhausted???? I believe there will still be enough neg pressure to accomplish odor control, but just don't know if this will provide enough fresh air for the girls. FWIW...I will be trying some new Green Mats to supplement some Co2.

TIA

dgr

You are planning on having a 4" duct booster fan as an intake and no outlet? Where are you getting your negative pressure from?

In my mind, you're either sealed or you aren't. If you aren't running a sealed room, you need to pull more air out than you push in.

Your booster fan has a max of 65 CFM. You might get half of that in reality. So, it'd exchange the air in the tent every 5 minutes. So, the answer to your question is, yes. Air exchange every five minutes is plenty. But, you're exchanging all your CO2, too.

I think if you ask the CO2 guys, they are going to tell you it isn't going to work. My understanding is that if you want to run CO2, you need to eliminate air exchange via the use of air conditioning and a dehumidifier to keep you temps and your humidity at acceptable levels.

I'm only bringing a little engineering to this discussion as I have ZERO experience with CO2.

good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts