What's new

co2 kills all bugs

darrmann

Releasing a full container of carbon dioxide into a sealed grow set-up will kill all mites and insects. But, don't be in the room while the CO2 is being released! It would be enough to make you sick. I have seen this technique of bringing the CO2 to 10,000 ppm for 15 minutes to kill all pests. You must vent out the CO2 before entering the room. Two applications, five days apart, will kill all mites, pests and their offspring.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
It's supposed to work but doesn't. Many have tried it and nothing accomplished except wasting a tank.

Helium on the other hand works well.

David762

Wow! CO2 and/or He2 for pest control sounds awesome.

And I have my own theory about using high concentrations of ozone to control molds, mildews, and fungi.

All require humans and pets to NOT be present when such techniques are applied!

smk2jnts

this is a myth. human beings cant be harmed by those levels either... i recently read a report on the toxicity levels of Co2 in the workplace and was surprised to learn that 10,000ppm indoors is both very common, and pretty innocuous. when we get to prolonged exposure at 30,000 ppm or higher then we are talking health risks for humans.

i have a sealed environement and recently tried this co2 saturation method again, only to confirm that it does nothing but slightly poison my plants for a few days.

Latest posts

Latest posts