What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gnats and eggs in my roots

smokefx

I'm using rockwool and I see them In a few of my
Plants. I purchased some sm 90 and the guy told me to give them 2x strength does this sound about right?

Thanks

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
You need bti im not sure if sm90 will kill gnats or not but bti products like gnatrol and mosquito dunks is what you need.

smokefx

Hey guys thanks for the quick replies but I realized they aren't gnats but some sort of baby tick or something I'll try to get a picture but they are black colored and they are in my rockwool and crawling on my trays laying eggs on my roots and feeding off them what are these anyone experience with something like this and what can I do?

darrmann

i have tried many many things organicides, home remedies and nithing got rid of my knats untill I bought mosqito dunks. Easiest and maybe one of the cheapest way to go. Listen to these people.There is another easy way, might have to do this twice but its called top kill I beleive and has to do with releasing toxic levels of co2. you do this at lights out as thats when your plants stomata are closed and the wont get harmed by high levels of co2.
just release the bottle slowly and come back an hour later and air out the room dont hang because that high osnt good for you. Then watch for the knats after three days and once you see them again that means the larvae is matuered. You have to be quick as you dont want them laying eggs again and repeat co2 process. cost 2 bottles of co2 $34

Neo 420

Veteran
IMID.......Its in Bayer products. But that's only if your not flowering and use synthetic systemic pesticides.

smokefx

Thanks again guys using some spray the nursery recommended mending pyrethrum based stuff and Bayer tree and shrub hopefully works good now my other room ha mites inns try the sticky thanks gius