What's new

Ice Box, chiller and a 600 in a tent.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Got my temps in my 3x4 tent down today with the help of a window A/C. Tent is in a 9x9 bedroom upstairs. Keeping the room at 70-72 the tent stays in the low eighties. Using a 6" vortex pulling from one side of the tent through the SS2 hood out the other side of tent. Got a 4" exhausting the air from the tent out the top.
This seems to work good for now. Problem is, come winter I can't use the A/C
So, anyone know if a 6" icebox and a 1/4 HP chiller could keep the temps in tent in the eighties? Want to run a sealed room and gas the whole bedroom thus keeping the tent at the right levels.
Anyone using the icebox? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hope this makes sense.
thank%20you.gif

Relentless

Veteran
is the hot air exhausted to the attic or outside? if not, you can route the hot air elsewhere and itll keep the tent a lot cooler

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Right now the hot air says in the room with the A/C keeping it cool. I realize this is not ideal. But it is working. If I vent into attic then I no longer have a sealed room.

Bozo

It will help if you can place chiller out of the lung room.If there is a way to keep lung room cool ie turning heat off in that zone and opening a window it will also help.I water cool a whole room,have never done what you are but I know each room is different .A window ac is a great place to draw cool outside air but you want co2 and it would create possitive pressure on lung room.IME possitive pressure rooms leak odors.
GL give it lotsa thought before you dive in and it will work out

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
You need to get that hot air out of there, and bring cool air in. You should either A) cut holes in the walls and exhaust/intake...or you need to move the tent to a cooler area in the house.

I am battling the same issues, as it has been so hot here the past month. Air cooling, with proper ventilation is the simplest, most cost efficient way to keep your room cool. recirculating hot air is going to kill your wallet, and have a negative effect on your plants.