What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Banana Kush 3rd week of flower

kyndone

picture.php

GoozMan

Hey, I'm also running a Banana Kush plant in my small balcony garden shed. Its consistently been the tallest of the five strains going, even after I accidentally topped it (at which point it shot out with 5 or 6 great new branches).

Its the one in the top right corner. This pic is from this morning, 3 days after I did a hardcore defoliation, and you can see Banana Kush came back strong. I am three weeks into vegging from clones.

How has yours been growing? Do you know anything about this strain? Did you get this at SDMC? Thanks.

kyndone

sweet!, maybe we can all use this thread to show the progress of each of our plants, that is if u all want to, i will keep posting on here , or maybe somewhere else, (might be a better place ) all the way through cure. anyway, GoozMan, i got this from a friend of a friend, i told him i wanted something " bushy & tough " and that is what i got., but it has been a great strain for me, as it turned out, i had it at a friend of mine's, being lighted with some of his, but he got pissed at me about it, because he said it was blocking all the light from most of his trees, haha, so i went and got it, took it to my place, which i really wasnt set up for, but i quickly made a room, problem was, i didnt have my light, it was locked up in a room at my buddies place, so for 3 days it sat in the dark, not to mention, that week was the hottest we have had all summer, 108 degrees f. no A/C, no, lights, nothing but my trees, and a fan, that was broke, so it wouldnt turn side to side, haha, and i really wish i would have de foliated, because the girl has really become a monster, seriously, she is trying to take up my whole room., i will put pics, but i have more in my album, (the one where im behind her was when she was at my friends ), so i would have to say, i got what i wanted, haha, bushy and tough. and smells crazy, almost sour, but sweet. i have been giving her supernatural, with every gallon, cant remember the rest, i will post soon. and thanks tarmac, nice to meet u both.

GoozMan

THE Banana Kush thread

THE Banana Kush thread

Great, so this will be the definitive Banana Kush thread :) I'm going into flower this weekend, so last night I did another defoliation, not as extreme as the first time last weekend. Yeah, that Banana Kush is a monster! In my little shed she has developed 5 or 6 lead branches and a bunch of other little side branches. Last night I took some clones of some other strains I'm running now, but not the BK - I don't think I have the space for her giant bush :). I found a post online somewhere from someone who said that it yields well but wasn't the best smoke... I don't know, we'll see. Mine responded very well to being topped a few weeks ago, and continues to outgrow everyone else (I have 5 strains going now).

Can you guess which one is the Banana Kush?

Here she is after being accidentally topped a few weeks ago. She was only about 1-2 weeks old from a club cut at this point, growing very quickly, already the tallest in the shed. I was just beginning to tie the tops of the taller plants down, got to the BK, and she was more rigid than I'd expected, and the top 4 inches were gone. I didn't know how to take clones yet and ended up throwing it away, though I'm sure it would have grown into a bush in no time. I'm reminded now that she started out looking kind of sickly - yellow leaves and very rigid stems, much more so than the other strains. I wasn't sure if maybe its called banana kush because of yellow leaves... I'm still not sure where this strain comes from, and its height and leaves make me think sativa.

Kyndone - Glad to hear yours have recovered well. Those were some extreme conditions you had them under. Glad to see we're having the same experience with this strain - I too find her bushy and tough, though not much of a smell yet. Mine is getting General Hydroponics, and some Azatrol for these goddamn bugs.

EastBayGrower

Veteran
I love banana kush, its a really unique plant, its got an almost addictive smell atleast for me, with lime green buds that has calyxs just looking like there bout to explode and a few orange/red hairs on it,

i cant really say it smells like bananas per say but def. a one-of-a-kind unique smell from her, this cut is for sure going on the wishlist cause id LOVE to have her,,, you guys are very lucky!!!!!

hopleaf

i just sprouted a banana kush seed two days ago. i'll definatly post up in this thread when its worth taking pics of. yours is looking good. i can't wait to see this in 5 more weeks.

GoozMan

Flower Day 4

Flower Day 4

Well, after 4 weeks of veg I switched into flower - today is day 4. All the plants have been growing like crazy since the switch but of course the BK is the queen of the shed

In the second pic, that's the BK branching way out in the bottom left corner. It looks a little yellow only because of the angle of the sun just then, but coincidentally this BK clone did start out rather yellow. I don't know if that's normal or just me.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
okay...anyone want to clue me in on WHERE the Banana Kush seeds are from? PM, maybe?

I am assuming these are old stock from what would have been banana Oger Kush, which was OG Kush x Sag "60/40" ...

Either way, I'm interested and tagging along...

dank.Frank

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
okay...anyone want to clue me in on WHERE the Banana Kush seeds are from? PM, maybe?

I am assuming these are old stock from what would have been banana Oger Kush, which was OG Kush x Sag "60/40" ...

dank.Frank

Ha! I was wondering the same. The info would be greatly appreciated! :tiphat:

D

DMXAK47

I have had this bud and it was real smooth and great smoke but i to would like to know were to get these beans.

kyndone

ok, i have some really bad news, :( i left to go camping for three days, i made sure the rez was all the way full b4 i left, when i came back, it was so dry, that the leaves were crispy enough to smoke right then and there :( the whole tree dried up.except for a few at the bottom. i could not believe my eyes. now i feel like my dog just got run over. i guess it was too hot to leave them for three days. i bought a Royal Sovereign portable A/C , and thought it was working fine, but i found out the hard way that it wasnt, i am keeping them (the trees) on life support for the next few days to see if there is any chance of recovery, but just checked em this morning and im thinking i might pull the plug 2day or 2morrow,and start over in oct. when it cools down, i will see if i can put a couple pics up of the wreckage this weekend. and to those of you who were wondering where this B.K. came from, the best answer i could find was Santa Cruz Ca., and yes it is common for this strain to have a slight banana taste to it, but it could also, all be in ur mind., or completely depend on who grows it, and what they put in it., also, thank you, GoozMan and Hopleaf, for helping me get this B.K. thread going, i will be trying to find another clone of B.K. to put in my closet (inside the house) where it will be cooler for the next 6 or 7 weeks, so please keep this page going, i am interested to find out everything possible on this strain. and would like to see bi-weekly or so progress on ur guys trees if u can, and again thanks. as for me, i will learn from my mistakes so this does not happen again.

kyndone

oh, ya., down here in S.D. it is going for 65$ for a 4grm 1\8, at the disp. top shelf stuff if it is grown right.

GoozMan

Oh man Kyndone I really feel for you. I'm so much more nervous now about losing my plants than I was when I started because now I have something to lose. And the timing is crazy - I'm leaving town for the weekend to visit family and am trusting that the garden is automated enough to be ok on it's own for the few days that I'm gone. Better double check everything... And hey, i notice we're both in SD, I'd be happy to share some BK cuttings with you once I have more to share.

C

csedge

MarkCastle could shoot in and tell you more he has her at like the f3 stage I think. I don't know but I got the beans that he made same with his sour banana.

kyndone

GoozMan, ya, double or triple check everything, i found out that the hose in the back of my A/C was not connected, so it was just blowing hot air with the cold air, sucking all the humidity out of the room, i dont think it is running right even with that discovery, also, i saw on my tep humid thermometer that it got up to 113 degrees, and on top of that, i had move the bucket so the other side could get light, and set it ontop of one of my hoses so it clamped off the bubbler at the bottom, haha, this poor plant didnt have a chance in hell with me in charge. it just sucked that all these things came together at the worst possible time, ( when i was out of town ), but i know what not to do next time, and if you are serious about the cuttings i would really like to see what we can work out, i need a 2nd chance, and im not to sure how to get ahold of the guy i got mine from. im legal prop 215 and got my papers if you are concerned about it.

i want to get some more green crack also, but the banana first i think.

and csedge-
i would be happy to learn anything this markcastle person has to offer
and thanks for the help.

C

chefro420

dank.Frank

That's what they are. Pm Dutchgrown , she just did OGer99, banna og kush x c99. Got me a free pack , think there are still a few for $50 too!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, first of all...the "Banana Kush" that is being grown IS NOT the same cross as what I was referring to...

The original Banana OG was Og'er Kush x Sag "60/40".

Elite Genetics used this cross at one point and time and made several lines from it. Those genes were saved by an individual who started another site after getting into it with the owner of another site. (neither of which is ICm)

It seems to me...any "banana' that this guy is using from breeding, has been sourced from old seeds produced by Elite. And for those that have any time to keep up with history, can tell you flat out that MOST everything made and put out by Elite was just pollen chucking with fancy names that sounded tasty. Did he strike gold a few times in his chucking career...yeah. It seems so. (Lemon Larry for example)

However, if If I am wrong....someone correct me. But from best I have found or been able to put together, this is the origin of these current genes....(????)

dank.Frank

Last edited: