What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I have a question about topping/flowering

kojack420

I have a Strawberry Cough clone that is about 12" tall right now and the cabinet it is in it aprox 36" tall, In order to keep it somewhat with in the cabinet would I be better off topping it or waiting a lil bit and just flowering it?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
4th or 5th node is where i would cut dont no nething on sc but in gen thats where 2 top consider fim. just nip the tip of the plant and wait for the explosion i get ne where from 4-8 tops.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
If you're only growing one plant and you have a little bit of space you should veg for a little longer while LSTing to increase your yield.

kojack420

4th or 5th node is where i would cut dont no nething on sc but in gen thats where 2 top consider fim. just nip the tip of the plant and wait for the explosion i get ne where from 4-8 tops.

I don`t think that will be a option due to the fact that it is in preflowering, looks like I might just have to LST it.What would happen if... I at a certain hight i just put it in flowering, would that keep the height down, or would it still grown crazy. Btw I have it in a 1 gallon pot.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
When you put the plant into flowering it will stretch, probably growing twice the size it was initially. So a 12" put into flowering may grow to 24-36" within 2 weeks of 12/12.

I battled this issue recently with some trees I got. I ended up supercropping them when they grew into the light. I basically crushed the stem and bend it to the side. When it heals I will crush it again to keep it as level and low as possible.

kojack420

When you put the plant into flowering it will stretch, probably growing twice the size it was initially. So a 12" put into flowering may grow to 24-36" within 2 weeks of 12/12.

I battled this issue recently with some trees I got. I ended up supercropping them when they grew into the light. I basically crushed the stem and bend it to the side. When it heals I will crush it again to keep it as level and low as possible.

when u say it it will grow 24-36" ....is that total? or would that kind be part of the veg stage of growth aan would i have to expect it to grow larger with flowering?

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a Strawberry Cough clone that is about 12" tall right now and the cabinet it is in it aprox 36" tall, In order to keep it somewhat with in the cabinet would I be better off topping it or waiting a lil bit and just flowering it?

if it is the kksc cut then it wont stretch much but it will bush out like a bitch!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i had a SC that i flowered around 9-12 inches tall...it didnt grow that much more..it finally ended up at around 2 feet. awesome strain though..nice yeild with lots of frost and ours even turned a little purple!

but i thought ur not supposed to top it in preflower or is that just for flowering?
If your strawberry cough is onlyl 12" tall it most likely isn't in preflower stage yet unless you put your light's back
This strain gets really big so you'd be best to top it but if it is in preflower stage you are best to bend it down gradually like buddy suggested and let the buds grow along horizontally instead of vertically.
If you have the space
Good luck to you.

kojack420

now it is about 16 inches now and def pre-flowering. here is a couple of pics. The first is the whole thing and the second is and third is the preflowering

Attachments

• Snapshot 2.jpg
    Snapshot 2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Snapshot 5.jpg
    Snapshot 5.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Snapshot 6.jpg
    Snapshot 6.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 5
now it is about 16 inches now and def pre-flowering. here is a couple of pics. The first is the whole thing and the second is and third is the preflowering
She is definitely in flowering stage so you are best NOT to top her. Strawberry cough is a sativa dominant strain so likes to naturally grow large. Since you only have 36 inches of grow space you would be much better off sticking with more indica dominant ones. If you top or (fim) them at the 4 or 5th internode (the place where the leaves come out from as well as other branches) then you will not only have more bud sites but better grow space and lighting for your entire plant.

You'll probably have enough room to flower her and not need to do anything but if it looks like you are going to run out of room then get some gardeners velcro tape , attach it about 3/4 the way up the main stem and tie it to something to bring her top end down a bit. The bud sites wil naturally grow towards the light.

Again good luck to you.:tiphat:

kojack420

well the act. diam. are 36 inches tall, 14 inches wide and 23 1/2 inches long, I also already have a string with a hook on it on the wall, if i need it

thanks
jump.gif

kojack420

I am begining to think its not a straight sc cause the leaves are wider like a indica but who knows I could of got a clone leaning that way

I am begining to think its not a straight sc cause the leaves are wider like a indica but who knows I could of got a clone leaning that way
You might just have a bit different phenotype but she has large leaves
She's a big girl which is why I was surprised you had her flowering at 14 "
This one is great for depression with a creamy smooth taste
I personally like her a lot:)

Latest posts

Latest posts