What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

advanced in dwc

starrider

with running advanced in dwc should this be used as directed or should nutriant solution be cut back seeing that the roots are submerged in solution 24/7

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Start with a 1/2 strength solution. Chart EC and pH every day. EC up, pH down is too rich. EC down, pH up is too lean. EC flat, pH flat sounds good on paper but is a bad thing over time. No one pH reading allows full absorption of all nutes. A small pH swing is better than none.

B

Bud Bug

AN will work fine just don't follow their feeding charts though. They're maximized for their profits.

I'd suggest you get a digital ph/ppm(tds) meter and start off slow. After a few crops if you use the same strain you'll have it down pat.

Try to get an air pump that won't blow hot air after a while into your buckets/reservoir.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Thanks but, I'm just a reasonably good librarian. Most of what I write here, I learned right here. Before IC, I measured my indoor colas with my thumb. Now I use my forearm with fingers extended. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT, IC!

Dang you IC! Dang you all to heck! :badday:

AbeFroman

Start with a 1/2 strength solution. Chart EC and pH every day. EC up, pH down is too rich. EC down, pH up is too lean. EC flat, pH flat sounds good on paper but is a bad thing over time. No one pH reading allows full absorption of all nutes. A small pH swing is better than none.

This man knows what he is talking about. Gradual increases using your EC reader to monitor plants feeding. Raise in EC and with normal water res depletion means to high a concentration. Decrease in EC with normal water depletion calls for higher baseline.