What's new

Cool Tube Question

gsxr600

So i have a 1000 watt hps in a cool tube with a 535 cfm fan pulling air thru the cool tube, now my question is would it make it more efficient and essentially pull more air if i hook another 535 cfm fan to the bottom of the cool tube so it is not only sucking air but air is being pushed into it as well.

any thoughts would be greatful.

i would think so as long as the pull fan is the same cfm or less dont wanna burn either or from one fan or the other causing one to over work itself

L

liquidmaco

i dont think so.seems like a waste of money and power to me. is that not keeping it cool enough? got some kinky duct or something?

gsxr600

my grow space is just a lil warmer than ideal, and the temp raises 3 to 4 degrees when the lights on, im trying to cut that down a little.

L

liquidmaco

are you using the reflectors that came with it? if so hows the footprint. im firing mine up tomorrow and by the looks of the reflectors around them im gonna have some adjust a wings after round one

gsxr600

no im doing vert with no reflector, the one that came with it was junk anyways, but the reason for concern was that i also have 600 watt connected to the cool tube with its own reflector so i basically want to pull the air thru both lights with one line, using two fans (one blowing, one sucking)