What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NextGen Digilux bulbs????

grapeman

Veteran
I'm looking to replace 6 aging flower bulbs in september. I'm looking at these also. Hopefully someone will chime in before then.

Growzo

I got some of the original Digilux's when they were first released from my local hydro store. They gave me a great price, since they wanted feedback. I've been using both the 1000w HPS and 600w HPS Digilux bulbs. I've got 4 1000's and 6 600's. I replaced Hortilux's that I had been using on both wattages. WHOA! What a difference. The 1000's are a little bit brighter, but the 600 just kicks ass! Unbelievable. I don't think that I'm going to be buying another Hortilux again...

I saw that there is a 600w MH Digilux also. Anybody use that one? I'd be interested in hearing about it...

Grow well,

Growzo

D

Darkstarlive

I was looking at these bulbs lastnight and see that they are enhanced with extra blue light for the HPS and extra red for the MH. I quess they do this to try and get a more balanced spectrum.
I'm trying out the new Lumatek HI-Par HPS bulbs and the are quite "bright" and I think are trying to achieve a more balanced spectrum though they don't note it on the box.
I know the word "bright" has no relevance on how effective a bulb is or its spectrum, but we'll see how they do.

Peace...