What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

should i be getting red hairs already?

darrmann

Im a mth into flower and all is looking really healthy actually, just wondering im getting red hairs already and im not getting any big jumps in bud size. Question is should i be getting red hairs before the bud swells? seems that should be in the opposite order, bud swell then red hairs. any help

H

herbal essences

Ive read that underwatering can lead to premature change in pistil color

darrmann

no there not withering at all, but i have been stretyching the watering. the strains are blackberry train wreck and strawberry. the train wreck doesnt seem as much as the other two strains.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 7
H

herbal essences

try watering a little more frquently let us know how it goes :)

darrmann

thx for the quick responses guys, apreciate it greatly. some of these forumns dont realize how badly people doing this need there info lol

OC80

This can indicate a major issue in some cases. For example, I had a room of the same strain. I noticed one lady had almost 70% of dead pistils, while the others had none. The buds were also significantly smaller. I checked her out, and sure enough, slime city in her bucket.

Im not saying you have root rot, but I am saying you could have an issue stressing/killing your plant.

Just something to consider.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes he's right ...Only times pitstels get brown or browish is if they get sprayed by something wet ie (Neem, pyrethrums,ect) or if the pistel is pollinated by male pollen.....but if that happens you can c a small curl in the top of the pistel...you can c a distinct diffrence with unpollinated ones

darrmann

yes he's right ...Only times pitstels get brown or browish is if they get sprayed by something wet ie (Neem, pyrethrums,ect) or if the pistel is pollinated by male pollen.....but if that happens you can c a small curl in the top of the pistel...you can c a distinct diffrence with unpollinated ones

ah ha thats what it was dude, I sprayed a few days ago with neem oil, had a case of fungus knats and did it with too much light , should have waited for the lights to go out before i sprayed, i searched today and there are no hermies.

F

freefields

Spraying does turn pistils brown, they don't go the bright rusty red colour a mature pistil does, it's a darker brown.

darrmann

nice thx for all the help, almost positive it was doing a foliar spray with that damn neem oil and some liquid karma. and they where a darker brown if you can see that in my pics