What's new

Was this a drug helicopter?

Xtensity

Well, I usually don't see many helicopters around my area unless they're news related.... but one day I was home, I was outside getting something from my car, and a black helicopter zoomed over my house, like 5 meter above my house, if not lower. VERY low for a helicopter. It was all black but I didn't see anyone hanging out of it(like those cops who sit there with shotguns).......

It wasn't doing any circling and appeared to just be flying straight, as if it wasn't looking for anything. Though it seemed very suspicious/sketchy.

My grow is not on my property, but since I live near the woods near other people at the same time, it takes like 10+ minutes to walk to my grow, but its deep in the woods.

Now...... I would have thought it was a drug helicopter except it wasn't circling or anything....

I also think my neighbors are growing back in the same woods, except on a bigger scale.. They're kind of like red necks lol. I saw them drive their truck back in the woods, with the entire bed of their truck filled with bags of soil. I know their stoners, but I also know they were growing corn or something around their horse...

I hope if the cops do bust someone they bust those idiots lol.

But does that sound like a drug helicopter to any of you? The helicopter was moving fairly fast and very low, I didn't get a time to see if it had any words on the side of it.... Though it just seemed sketchy.

Also my grow is very obvious from the air, since i cleared out a lot to ensure no bug problems and enough sun... but it's like 3 plants, very obvious from the air. I doubt they would go after it though since they are very small(AF's).... After this seed run I was planning on planting in very ambiguous locations, one plant here, 1 plant there... Very small, TONS of autoflowers... Like under 10 inches high each, though tons of them.

I'm not really worried about them busting me, because I harvest these small plants in like 3 weeks, and the forest around the open area is extremely dense, very easy to hide under and I've crafted some physical hiding spots into the landscape for my materials(that won't be uncovered by a helicopters wind)

What's you guys opinion on what that helicopter could have been?
Does it sound like a drug helicopter?

mefistyou

Police helicopters are marked.....usually news heli's are too....so I'm not sure what it was, but I would be pretty sure it wasn't 5-0....maybe civilian?

bacon

Oh and if I were you I'd do a little research about your area to find out what LE agencies have helicopters because it'll give you a better idea as to whether they have one and what they might have. I know the state police in every state has a helicopter that is used for law enforcement duties as well as search and rescue and pursuit.

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is a reserve base near one of my plots. the sheriffs have the reserves look for marijuana while their flying grid patterns for training. the black helicopter that you have described sounds like a type of law enforcement helicopter. i wouldn't be worried about it if they just zipped by. i've literally walked out of my home and saw a sheriff helicopter hovering over the power line in front of my house. i got in my vehicle and went to work. don't let paranoia destroy you because it will. my first year of growing outdoors, i was looking in the sky at every noise i heard. it's good to be paranoid but only to a certain point. paranoia has saved my ass numerous times out in the woods.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was the govt, they are watching you bro! ;)

jk, don't worry about it unless they land or a bunch of cop cars come pulling up in your yard!

D

DiiZZii3

The same advice i gave to +Vibe...

"Yea man your fucked. I would try to get up to canada or down to mexico ASAP before the DEA raids ur crib. Dont worry to much, even if you get caught at the border or before my geuss would be that you'll only serve 5 to 10 years, as long as you don't catch federal charges then ur looking at a minimum of 25 to life. Damn im glad im not you right now, but good luck anyway. "

I def. Don't think a 5-0 copter would be out lookin for grows this early in the season, and prolly wouldn't be flying quite as low as you described if they were... but i gotta ask... u said:

Also my grow is very obvious from the air, it's like 3 plants, very obvious from the air. I doubt they would go after it though since they are very small(AF's)

I don't wanna be rude or nothing but are u serious or being sarcastic... u got 3 plants that are prolly not much more than a foot tall and ur sketchin about a police heli spotting them??? Man u gotta take the tinfoil out of ur hat and stop being so paranoid. People grow thousands of plants and pull it off no problem. I couldn't imagine them being able to spot something of such small scale. Much less someone spotting them while walking past 10ft away from ur grow! If u dont mind me asking, what scale do u think ur commercial growin, cartel associated, pablo escobar related "redneck" neighbors grow in terms of plants, like 10????
:laughing:

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
yup we have 2 of those in the lower mainland of BC Can.
I have seen them hover in one spot while the other does a 360 check and then move on to another section...

But yup we have some black helicopters. news channel choppers are always white or coloured...

D

DiiZZii3

Yo color doesn't got shit to do with 5-0 or not. Personally and around the web and on tv I've seen blue popo chopers, red, black, green, and all the colors of the rainbow and more. If its got "Sheriff" or "Police" written on the side then "There's your sign"... lets not be racist here about color lol, just cuz its black doesn't make it a police chopper.

K

kannubis

I had 3 of em fly over my house in formation a couple times the other day. Damn noise pollution!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Any civil flight has to stay @ 2,500' AGL and above or get a special permit...which is hard to get these days.

The above is waived...if certain requirements are met such as airspace close to an airport, landing approach, emergency etc. also see chart.

If the Heli flying over your house was looking for something...especially if it was your grow...they would have slowed down.
Flying a Heli @ low altitude and high speed you don't see details well at all.
On a side note I doubt it was just 5 meters though (15')...it may have looked that close but it was likely more around a couple 100'

Edit: AGL = Above Ground Level

vwyfx5.gif

D

DiiZZii3

Yea im pretty sure if i remember correctly its 500ft over unpopulated land and 1000ft for populated land. Also my boy strainhunters gotta point, flying as low as you described would make everything a blur, like tryin to spot a plant 20ft off the road while drivin 120mph. I think ur good bro, the chopppa wasn't lookin for n e ting

Xtensity

The same advice i gave to +Vibe...

"Yea man your fucked. I would try to get up to canada or down to mexico ASAP before the DEA raids ur crib. Dont worry to much, even if you get caught at the border or before my geuss would be that you'll only serve 5 to 10 years, as long as you don't catch federal charges then ur looking at a minimum of 25 to life. Damn im glad im not you right now, but good luck anyway. "

I def. Don't think a 5-0 copter would be out lookin for grows this early in the season, and prolly wouldn't be flying quite as low as you described if they were... but i gotta ask... u said:

I don't wanna be rude or nothing but are u serious or being sarcastic... u got 3 plants that are prolly not much more than a foot tall and ur sketchin about a police heli spotting them??? Man u gotta take the tinfoil out of ur hat and stop being so paranoid. People grow thousands of plants and pull it off no problem. I couldn't imagine them being able to spot something of such small scale. Much less someone spotting them while walking past 10ft away from ur grow! If u dont mind me asking, what scale do u think ur commercial growin, cartel associated, pablo escobar related "redneck" neighbors grow in terms of plants, like 10????
:laughing:

Yeah I figure they wouldn't go after 3 plants so I wasn't worried too much.... but let me tell you, I had a dream one night I got busted or something.... and everytime something you fear happens in your dreams it just shakes you tremendously (emotional wise) basically wake up a changed person lol..... I woke up and was extremely paranoid of getting busted for like 3 days.... despite the extremely low chance of it happening.

I think the 'redneck' neighbors would have at least 30-50 plants back there, at least. Since they had what 4-6 people working on it, plus I know the other business they've messed around with. Dabbling in some of that hard-drug business.

But Yes, I do realize I am over paranoid at times, but it's better to be slightly paranoid than not paranoid at all, even if the chances are slim, it's not impossible.....Plus they are in bright pink pots in the middle of the forest lol.. So I know they would spot them if they flew over. I wasn't worried about them spotting them, just the entire way the area was setup it's 100% obvious from the air, you don't even need to look....It's just if they decide to go after them or not:p, which I know is extremely unlikely, but it's always good to be somewhat paranoid.

You know what i mean?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

But Yes, I do realize I am over paranoid at times, but it's better to be slightly paranoid than not paranoid at all, even if the chances are slim, it's not impossible.....Plus they are in bright pink pots in the middle of the forest lol.. So I know they would spot them if they flew over.......

You know what i mean?

:rolleyes:
Uh...yeah, now I do!

Sorry bro but that's just plain stupid, especially with those other people growing somewhat near by!

Get them plants in the ground...NOW!

Shakalaka

maybe it was the fag police about to take u down for illegal use of pink pots!! haha...ur prob fine..but its best to go with ur gut with these things.

D

DiiZZii3

Ohh i now see why there visible from the air "bright pink pots" eh. Alls good i think im with ya on doubting they'd even waste there time putting someone on the ground to pull 3 plants. They'd prolly focuse there energy on ur neighbors grow instead.. but hey even if they do get found atleast the 3 plants of yours aren't "your plants".... there "your neighbors plants" if ya get what im sayin.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

How about this more likely scenario instead:

Large grow get's found and completely blamed on the other person with the 3 pink pots.

OP no offense here but if you have pink pots out there...then you probably have neglected safety pre-cautions elsewhere around your grow as well.

Not picking on you here, just get the damn pink pots replaced or better get them plants in the ground.
Keep in mind they have to be out there for another approx. 1/2 year and that is a long time for things to go wrong.

DEA or department of justice or private, maybe Camp

DEA or department of justice or private, maybe Camp

Camp, DEA, Dept of Justice or Private.

K

kannubis

That low of an altitude flying is called "nap of the earth" and is used mainly for military operations. I can say that is fun hanging out on the skid when going that fast that low.