What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should i re-pot.

I am in 18Ltr containers 80%coco 20% perlite mix, and have been vegging my White Bubba's for 3 months or so. I am about to flower in a week and was wondering if 18 ltr will be big enough for flower. They are pretty big and have been in those pots for about a month now. Here is a pic of my smaller of 2 Bubba's. Thanks for any help.

mojo420

I'd re-pot if I could come up with anything bigger than what you're already in, lol... 5 gallon is bigger than I've ever used even for my 3 month old veg projects. I'll go from 1 gallon to 2 gallon during a long veg and then finally re-pot into a 3 gallon pot for flower. I would think the one you're in has plenty of room left for flower roots.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
18L is absolutely massive for coco. you could of easily got to the size you are at now in 5L or less. I should think you could grow a tree in 18L of coco. As long as you don't let it dry right out it's not a problem really.

That will save alot of coco in the future. I just wanted to make sure before flipping to flower. I figured the way these plants grow roots in coco that there would be no room.

Work2much

You're good in those 18l pots. Coco roots don't seem to get the same level of root boundness as soil. As said above that's almost 5 gallon, you could grow a one pound plant in coco in a pot that big.